seventeen | i am groot

Ingrid and Thor smiled at the rest of the guardians as they were seated in the pod and were about to fly towards Nivadellir which Ingrid was anxious about

Ingrid and Thor smiled at the rest of the guardians as they were seated in the pod and were about to fly towards Nivadellir which Ingrid was anxious about. So many things could go wrong. So many things had gone wrong. "I bid you farewell and good luck, morons. Bye." Ingrid sent them a short wave and smile as they deployed from the side of the ship. Ingrid stood up once they were stable and went and sat towards the front next to Groot and Rocket, a name she was sure would strike fear into the heart of their enemies.

"I am Groot." Ingrid shook her head as she understood his language. "Tinkle in the cup. We're not looking for... What's a twig? Everybody's seen a twig." Rocket told the teenager who just replied back in a pre-pubescent voice. "I am Groot!"

"You can pour what's in the cup out in space then go into the cup again." Thor proposed from behind her causing Ingrid to turn around and smile at him before returning to the conversation. "Or we could find you a new cup somewhere. Maybe a bag." Ingrid said to Groot who looked at her with wide eyes before shaking his head and turning away from her, clearly embarrassed.

"You two speak Groot?" Not many people spoke Groot so this was clearly a shock to him. "Yes, they taught it on Asgard, it was an elective."

"I am Groot."

"You'll know when we're close. Nivadellir's forge harnesses the blazing power of the Neutron star. It's the birthplace of my hammer. It's truly awesome." Thor's voice became quieter and quieter as he spoke causing Rocket to look back at him and sigh. "Okay. Time to be the captain." Ingrid was too focused on the conversation she was having with Groot about his video games to notice him standing up. "So dead brother, huh? Yeah, that could be annoying." Rocket hated the small talk but if he wanted to be the fake captain, he had to play the part.

"Well, he's been dead before. Now this time, I think it really might be true." Thor was filled with grief as he thought about his deceased brother who he had only just started to connect with. "And you said your sister and your dad..."

"Both dead."

"But still got a mom, though?"

"Killed by a Dark Elf."

"A best friend?"

"Stabbed through the heart." Rocket was not really making him feel any better and he just kind of decided to give up on the family deaths conversation. "You sure you're up to this particular mission?" Rocket looked at the Asgardian with hesitation as the man looked deeply devastated.

"Absolutely! The rage and vengeance, anger... Loss, regret, they're all tremendous motivators. They really clear the mind, so I'm good to go." Rocket looked at him, unconvinced. "Sounds like you've had a rough time. But on the upside, it looks like you have someone that loves you unconditionally." Rocket told him and the two looked at Ingrid who was focused on the video game she was playing and that she was absolutely smashing. Groot sat by her side, shocked by her ability to play video games so well. Thor chuckled as she cheered and jumped up after completing a level.

"She truly is spectacular. I can't let Thanos get her. I will fight until he is dead." Thor's loving gaze turned into rage at the mere thought of Ingrid suffering from Thanos. "Yeah, but this Thanos we're talking about, he's the toughest there is." Rocket admired his determination but they all knew that they would most likely lose. Prolonging the inevitable was just a way they dealt with it. "Well, he's never fought me."

"Yeah, he has."

"He's never fought me twice. I'm getting a new hammer, don't forget." Thor couldn't wait to have his dear hammer again. He missed the barely inanimate object. "It better be some hammer."

"You know, I'm 1,500 years old. I've killed twice as many enemies as that, and every one of them would've rather killed me but none succeeded. I'm only alive because fate wants me alive. Thanos is just the, latest in a long line of bastards and he will be the latest to feel my vengeance. Fate wills it so." Rocket was pessimistic about his fate. "And what if you're wrong?"

"Well, if I'm wrong, then...What more could I lose apart from her? If it is doomed then I will go out fighting with everything I've got." Thor wiped a tear from his cheek before standing up from his seat and sitting down next to Ingrid whom he smiled at as she bit her lip in concentration. "I could lose a lot. Me personally, I could lose a lot. Okay. Well, if fate does want you to kill that crapsack, you need more than one stupid eyeball."

"What's this?" Rocket pulled out a mechanical eye that matched Thor's, holding it out for him to take "What's it look like? Some jerk lost a bet with me in Contraxia." Ingrid turned to the duo, smiling, not noticing the eye in Thor's hand. "He gave you his eye?" Ingrid looked over at the eye that Thor held in his hands with a disgusted look before handing Groot back his game. "No, he gave me 100 credits. I snuck into his room later that night and stole his eye."

"Thank you, sweet rabbit." Ingrid and Thor smiled at him before Thor took his eye patch off and placed his new eye inside his eye socket. Ingrid had seen some pretty disgusting things so this only made her cringe instead of squeal. "I would've washed that. The only way I could sneak it off Contraxia was up my... Hey, we're here." Ingrid's eyes locked with Thor's as his fake eye went haywire.

"I don't think this thing works. Everything seems dark." Thor stood as his eye stabilized and Ingrid joined him on the other side of Rocket. Where the bright star was supposed to be was only a dark star with the rings unmoving. "Well, it ain't the eye." When Thor's eyes laid upon the star that had died, he had millions of thoughts racing through his mind all at once.

"Something's wrong."

This chapter is a little bit shorter than the others so bear with me. I will say though that I will be struggling to update within the next couple of days because I have work for 10 days straight along with school so just kill me now.

Thanks, Queenie.

(EDITED)