Chapter 9

5 years later

The hour and a half long lesson finally ended and all the students rushed out of the lecture hall. I didn't have afternoon periods so I took my time. Since I didn't plan anything at all I decided to walk around the campus sight.

The new school year has come ta an end. I remember how happy I was when the letter tolled me that I passed the entrance exam. After all getting into Seoul University was not an easy thing.

I didnt knkw where i was going so I just walked where my feet took me. After walking for a while I stumbled upon a familiar cafe. The smile on my face appeared without a realizing. It looked just the same as before.

The calm aura and the nice colour contrast suited it's concept. Small plants lined outside the window, looking like it came out of a painting.

I entered the shop and the almost forgotten atmosphere hit me in the face. The background noise was filled with a few chattering here and there, the sound of a slow jazz music and the calm yet cozy voice welcoming me.

"Welcome to the Sunflower coffee shop" the man behind the counter smiled to me.

"It's been a long time since you've last came here. The usual, I suppose?" he asked, already preparing the ingredients.

"You know it, Seokju" I replied back, going to my usual corner.

After the "adventure" I had 5 years ago we, Seokju and I, actually kept in touch, becoming close friends. He was a one of the greatest friends I could've asked for. He didn't mind about the weird situation we had. Instead he helped me overcome all the hardship I had to go through after the scandal.

"Here's you Caramel Latte and a short cheesecake" he said to me still holding the ever so sweet smile of his.

"There aren't many costumer in the shop so mind if I keep you a company?"

"Sure, go ahead"

He sat down in front of me and we started to chat, each telling what had happened to them and what are they planning in the future.

"So yeah, I finally have enough money to buy this shop" he spoke with a blush on his face.

"That's great! I'm so happy for you. You've been working your back for the longest time, you totally deserve this" I happily hugged him tightly, leaving no room for him to breath.

But before we could continue our conversation some costumers came in pulling us back to the reality.

"Well I should get going. The work's calling" he said going to the counter, but after few steps he turned around "By the way, the guys are meeting tonight. You should come"

"The guys? You mean-"

"Yep, the guys. So, you coming?"he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I'll think about it. You still have your old number, right?" I asked still unsure if I should go or not.

"Same old same old. And please come. The boys have been missing you. They've been asking me nonstop lately" he chuckled.

"Fine. I'll call you"

After I finished my stuff I went home. I still couldn't decide whatever I should go or stay home. Meeting the boys would be awesome. I haven't seen them in a long time but meeting them would mean I had to meet himtoo.

No, I can't keep running from him. I have to face the reality. We all knew that the day would come sooner or later. It just happened to be much sooner that I had planned.

The night already came and I was getting more nervous as the second passed. I was standing in front of the restaurant we were planning to meet. This was more nerve wrecking than my university exam.