Chapter Fourty

3rd Person's POV

A week had passed.

Nothing was going right. Eunji's painful memories of her father had returned to haunt her dreams as well as her mind. So did Minah's memories of Dongmin.

Jungkook was always there to console Eunji every night. He wanted to make Eunji's pain fade away, but unfortunately it just keeps coming back to trouble her.

Her father found her. Now she still had to go home every weekend to her father, but she noticed something strange about her father's behaviour.

Wherever Minah went, she would see Dongmin everywhere. It was as if he was doing this on purpose to harass her — to upset her.

However, Minah's behaviour had caught Taehyung's attention. She had never felt so scared before, but he doesn't know the reason behind it. Whenever he asked her, she would always change the subject because deep down she was breaking and hurting. She didn't want to talk about it.

The more she thought about it, the more it had an impact on her mind.

Dongmin won't leave her alone.

Eunji's POV

My memories have returned to disturb me.

I recall how my body would jerk with each blow. How the pain had afflicted me and took away every sensation of safeness I ever had.

My father put his all into each thrash. His strong arm would draw back and whip my body — the impact was received by an object rather than his own bare hand.

I felt tormented.

He had meant it all and this was the man I loved most in the world. The one who always bought me ice-cream whenever I had a bad day. The same man who would lift me upon his shoulders and also take me on piggyback rides around the house to always keep me happy.

He was my hero and now he's my monster, but now I'm all grown up I can't live that way anymore. I however can't escape his clutches.

Because he's still my father.

Tears escape from my eyes and I let out heavy breaths. My eyes sting from the amount of tears I cried. I instantly feel anxiety rising within me.

Suddenly I hear footsteps approaching. A familiar worried call of my name snaps me out of my deep thoughts. Then a pair of arms engulf me into a hug — swaying me side to side.

I cry into the arms of my lover. I felt somewhat safe again, but the pain still refuses to leave. "Eunji, it's alright." He whispers. His soothing words slowly drift me back into relaxation. He gives my forehead a kiss and glances at me with a smile. "See? Everything's alright, baby. You did that all on your own."

I sniffle and wipe my tears away. "I didn't. I tried to...to...battle the pain, but it's no use. It's all flooding back to me. I can't do it."

Holding my hands in his, he kisses them before intertwining them. He gazes at me with reassurance. "Jung Eunji, you're the most strongest girl I've ever come across in my life. I'm so proud of you. Just keep pouring it all out — don't bottle it up. It'll only make you weaker, alright?"