Cryptotrappers- Torcher of the Sky

"Sid, please tell me you have a tranquilliser gun on you right now." I asked cautiously, slowly backing away from the slate-shaded menace.
"What sort of bodyguard would I be if I didn't?" Sid replied, handing me the loaded gun and darts before taking one corner of the net and throwing the adjacent corner to Randy. "I'm better at close quarters, you take the shot. Just try not to break it."
As both bodyguards moved off to the side of the beast in what looked to be a flanking manoeuvre, I took aim and fired at the Wyvern's head. The dart connected, but bounced uselessly from its iron-tough scales. Reloading, I aimed at one of its threatening eyes, but the dart instead hit closer to the cheek and deflected again. Just as I reloaded for a third shot, Lucy's arms wrapped around me and pulled me to the ground as an arc of searing flame soared over my now prone form.
"Now!" Sid shouted from behind the Wyvern, and he and Randy tried to throw the hefty net onto the Wyvern's back, but too late as it's colossal wings began to move and it soared off towards the forest, knocking Randy to the side with its tail in the process. Shaking, I slowly stood and helped Lucy to her feet as we reconvened with the others to discuss what we should do next.

"Well then," Randy began, breathing deeply as he clutched his side, "I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that we're not dealing with a Dragon here."
"Eva told us to evacuate, leave everything behind and get out of here." I informed the others, looking back at the scorched grass that I was almost included in. "Is that an option we have?"
"Buttons are back at base camp." Sid grimly replied. "We can make our way back through the forest, but I can't guarantee that we don't have a less favourable encounter with that thing."
"What's our stock here then?" I asked, handing the tranquilliser rifle back to Sid.
"Twelve darts, one net, one rifle and whatever we can get from old man Jenkins back there." Randy stated. "If we're going to do this, we're going to need one hell of a plan."
I looked towards the forest, towards the net and then towards the farm. Maybe we'd actually be able to do something with what we had after all. With some confidence, I turned back to the rest of the team.
"One hell of a plan, coming right up. Follow me."

Searching the trees near the edge of the forest, I finally reached a set of two trees in a fairly clear are which I thought could work.
"Alright, this looks good enough to work." I called out to the others, who were following me confusedly.
"Great. So can you tell us what the plan is now?" Randy replied, a little put out.
"First things first," I began, "hands up if you can climb a tree."
Sid and Lucy's hands raised as Randy stood looking sheepish. With a firm nod, I continued.
"Alright, perfect. I need you two to climb those two trees and haul the net up there, hiding it in the canopy. Hopefully, that'll keep it out of sight of the Wyvern. First, I'll get the Wyvern's attention, lure it over to these trees and hopefully, again, keep it on the ground whilst doing so. I know that's a little idealistic, but the plan shouldn't fall apart if it does get airborne. Once it's here, throw the net onto it and hold it down by the sides."
"But the fire-" Lucy interjected, but I cut her off before she could finish.
"-shouldn't be an issue if everything goes well. If we borrow a coil of rope from the farmer... Sid, do you think that you'd be able to hold it's mouth shut using it?"
Sid took a few seconds to mull the question over before he answered, slowly nodding and flexing his shoulder.
"Whatever's in those Phoenix Tears or whatever Eva calls them, they work wonders. My shoulder's never felt better, which means muzzling a Wyvern sounds like a decent workout."
"Great!" I replied, cheerfully. "So, with it's firebreathing negated and with it hopefully pinned to the ground by our combined efforts, I'll stab it with one of the darts somewhere without armour, like the nostril, and hopefully that should be enough to take it down."

Looking at the team, their faces didn't exactly scream confidence.
"So, does that sound like a plan to you guys?" I asked, hoping for any sort of validation.
"You know what I think?" Randy finally replied, taking a hold of the net and handing it to Sid. "I think it's probably the best shot we've got of capturing this thing. I'll go get the rope, you three work on getting this net in position."
With the foundations of our plan set, I hoped that it would be enough to keep us all safe. Lucy had already saved my life once, and I had to make sure that was the closest any of us got to death on this mission. If Lucy got hurt because of me... I didn't know what I'd do. By the time Randy returned with a pretty new looking coil of rope, Lucy and Sid had managed to hoist up the net whilst I was down at ground level making sure that it was completely out of sight. But with the preparations done, all I could do was turn to Randy, make sure that the tranquilliser gun was loaded and take the rope firmly.
"I think... we're ready."