Cryptotrappers- Beast of the Mountain

Friday 23. My time spent in the medical ward would have been tedious, but compared to the caliganous darkness of the cave, it was blissful. When Eva returned, she did so with some tests to run, and when she left, all I could do was lie there and await the results. It was early morning when she did return, Lucy shortly behind her.
"Michael, I have some news for you." Eva announced, her sober expression filling me with dread.
"Well, don't leave me hanging then." I replied, trying to wear a smile despite my concern. "What is it?"
Eva's face flashed with something like regret, before she continued.
"That man in the cave, I... well, I can't explain who he was or why he was there. But I still didn't want to completely write off everything he said. So I ran some tests on both you and Lexi and... neither of you seem to be infected with any sort of disease."
Lucy rushed to the side of my bed, wrapping her arms around me and pulling me in tightly as I awkwardly hugged back, ignoring the thudding from my bruises.
"Sid and Randy will be back shortly," Eva resumed, disrupting the moment, "but if you need some time to rest after your ordeal, that's perfectly fine. Take as much time as you need to recover."
"Actually, I think I should head out today." I replied, as Eva's brow furrowed. "After being in that cave for so long, I could really use some nice scenery and fresh air. Just, make sure the mission's above ground please?"
Eva gave an understanding nod, and began to head towards the door.
"In that case, I have something to give you; both of you that is. Meet me in storage in five minutes."

Entering the room, Eva had a bulky device about the size of a brick in each hand. Both were emblazoned with matching buttons and switches, and a bulky aerial protruded from the top. Handing one of them to each of us, I was surprised by how heavy it was in my hand.
"This here is an RT unit. You'll be using these on missions in lieu of your regular phones. These things function exactly as they would, but when no signal is available, you'll still be able to talk to each other over a short distance using radiotelephony."
I began to investigate the phone, testing out different buttons and dials as Eva continued in the background.
"Also included is flashlight functionality, GPS positioning, ACD connection compatibility, a noisemaker and an extendable solar panel. When fully charged, the battery should last three full days at minimum. The two of you will be the ones trialing these prototypes so that the final design will be the best it can be."
Nodding agreeably, I dropped it into my backpack, feeling the added weight immediately as Sid and Randy entered the room. With their presence, Eva made her way to a more visible spot, ready to explain the team's next mission to us.

"Today, I asked Michael if he was up for a mission yet, and he told me that he'd like something scenic and above-ground. Well, the place I'll be sending you today is one of the furthest places above-ground that I can think of, and one of the most beautiful. I'll be sending you to the snowy Himalayan mountains; crossing five countries in the continent of Asia; to hunt down its most famous cryptid."
"You don't mean..." I began, trailing off as Eva continued.
"From the Tibetan words 'Yeh Teh', translating loosely to 'Rocky Bear', the Yeti is known for its shaggy white fur as much as its immeasurable strength. They stand far taller than a human, and they're said to be surprisingly intelligent creatures. My suggestion would be that a smaller, stealthier approach would be the best way to dart one of these elusive creatures. Therefore, I'll be sending just Michael and Lucy on this mission."
Sid's eyebrows raised cautiously as put his backpack back down.
"So, what are we doing here?"
Eva gave a semi-sardonic smile as she grabbed an oxygen tank and a shovel.
"Sid, Randy, I think it's about time our Gambo gets his first proper clean out. Suit up; I'll see you in the hall shortly."
As the two bodyguards begrudgingly dressed in water-appropriate gear, Lucy and I began to pack mountain essentials as well as our cryptozoological essentials, items such as rations of food, bottles of water, oxygen masks, warm clothes, climbing gear and blankets. I considered bringing Seth for a moment, but I imagined that the mountains he was accustomed to as a Phoenix would be a far cry from the mountain we were heading to. Pocketing a fistful of darts, I felt a level of confidence walking up to the transporter with Lucy.
"Are you sure you're going to be okay like that?" Lucy asked, bundled up in at least two jackets compared to myself in my standard hoodie.
"How cold can it really be?" I asked jokingly, as the machine fired up and it's light engulfed us for another mission.