Cryptotrappers- The Abominable Snowman

The tsunami of snow encroached on the both of us, and scanning the area with my eyes, there didn't seem to be any simple way out.
"We need to find somewhere to hide." Lucy uttered, desperate and searching for anything we could use. "A ledge, or an overhang, just anything. Or-"
"Or what?" I asked, not even sure I wanted to hear the answer.
"Or we get buried in snow as thick as concrete." Lucy admitted. "We have around fifteen minutes of air, before we start to breathe in our own exhaled breath, and within the hour we're both dead of carbon monoxide poisoning."
Looking further up the mountain to where the Yeti had fled to, I spied a dark hole in the mountainside almost straight above us that might just lead us to salvation. If, that was, we could reach it in time.
"You know how to tie a good knot?" I asked, pulling up the rope and gesturing towards the passage entrance.
"Do you even have to ask?" Lucy replied with a hint of smugness, nimbly working the rope with her fingers even in the numbing cold. "Will a lasso do?"
"Just as long as you're almost as good at throwing as you are at making." I answered, watching with dread at the perilous snow avalanched closer by the second. Taking a steadying breath, Lucy hurled the rope at the entrance, and as it caught on something, hope finally began to swell in me. With no time to lose, I wrapped the rope around my hand, tossed my rifle back into my backpack and began to scale the side of the mountain towards the cave, with Lucy inches behind me. By the time I'd reached the last ledge before the final climb, my arms were in agony and my shoulders felt ready to break. But there was just seconds to spare until the avalanche reached and buried us. So with a sharp inhale, I slung the heavy backpack from my back and flung it into the cavernous maw, before clambering up the rope myself and reaching downwards for Lucy's hand as her own pack flew over my shoulder. My fingers finally wrapped around her wrist as hers wrapped around mine, and I pulled her in towards me as the avalanche killed the outside light, and we rolled blindly into the dark.

Beginning to pick up speed on the slope, I managed to roll myself onto my back and place both feet and my free hand on the stone to try and slow myself, holding Lucy's own hand tightly with my other. Ahead, the cave was dimly illuminated by scattered beams of sunlight, and I could that we were heading for a short edge followed by a drop into the darkness. Bracing for another hefty fall, I tried my best to scramble back against the slope, feeling myself slow as my leg folded underneath me just enough to stop me at the edge of the slope before the fall.
"We're alive?" Lucy asked, as I finally began to breathe again.
"We're... alive." I confirmed, almost just able to believe it myself.
"Be honest here, is this the... worst situation you've been in on the job?"
Rubbing my trembling, now bloodied hand on my trousers, I searched the cave around us for any way to progress.
"Either this or the active volcano with the lava monster. Especially since..."
Staring down into the pit, only the void looked back at me. A void that now held both of our backpacks, with our phones, our rifles, and our return circuits. The fact that I was in yet another dark, likely monster filled cave wasn't exactly something I was thrilled about, but getting Lucy and myself out of here was my biggest concern right now.
"There's another path going deeper in, just ahead. We should get moving before we freeze to death."
With a nod from Lucy, I began to carefully manoeuvre myself into a position where I could start crawling towards the passage. The only way now out was forward, so forward we progressed.

One of the first things I realised as we moved slowly, cautiously forward through the tunnels was that there was no chance that I'd be able to acclimatise to the amount of light available. There were cracks in the cave; not large enough to get through or low enough to even reach, but enough to illuminate some of the larger rooms. Even still, plenty of the tedious, perilous crawl was spent in pitch blackness, with only my shaking hands on the ice-touched rocks stopping Lucy and myself from falling further down into the system and losing all hope of escape. The cold has begun to soak through my warmer clothes by this point and even worse, I could feel a fog start to envelop the corners of my brain, almost definitely from the lack of oxygen.
"Michael, l- look!" Lucy eventually pushed through chattering teeth as I raised my head in the confined corridor and shielded my eyes from the bright light.
"Is that..." I replied, not wishing to jinx myself. "Daylight?"
Blinking, I clambered forwards with speed, leaving the dark and entering the bright light ahead.