11 | A M B E R

Padfoot,

   I can't stay here. This is torture! Months in Romania and I thought I had moved on. A dragon, a fire breathing dragon, is easier to handle, to understand, than this man is. I'm trying to stay out of his way, but as this is his home you can imagine that this isn't as easy as I wish it to be.

   Still I wish you could be here, or at least would answer me again. Things always seemed so much easier with your brilliant advices. I just don't know what to do. I know I should leave. But now I've returned, I don't think I can do this once more.

     Love

        Margo

    Sirius closed the diary sighing. His promise to never let her down ever again he'd already broken when Margo had left Grimmauld Place in September. She'd written him a lot. He didn't reply even once. The advices he would give her all would lead her back into his arms, even though he knew better. So he refused to write her at all. Hard enough it was to have her around again. He wanted to talk to her, but didn't know what to say.

   Margo every morning opened the diary, hoping to see the words, any words, she longed for to read. But the pages remained empty, and so like every morning, she locked the small book in her nightstand and left her room for a shower.

    It was early on Christmas morning, not even six o'clock yet, and the house was sound asleep. Margo chose this time of the day for her daily morning routine since she had returned to Grimmauld Place. She knew that Sirius used to be up til late in the night, so chances to meet him around this early were rather low.

   She refused to be alone with him, always having someone else around when Sirius Black was in the same room, even though it was hard to act normal around the Weasleys, Tonks, Moody, and especially Remus, who had witnessed her flight from Grimmauld Place after this one night that was haunting Margo in her dreams ever since. She didn't know what Sirius told his old friend. And she wasn't sure if she wanted to know at all. The looks Remus tried to hide throwing at her left her with the uncomfortable feeling that this man knew way too much.

    After a quick shower, wet hair clutched to her face, Margo made her way back to her room, crossing the corridors on tiptoes and carefully closing the door behind her - just to let out a high-pitched scream when she turned around.

   "Be quiet, for Merlin's sake, it's six o'clock, there are people still sleeping in this house!"

   "What the bloody hell do you think you're doing here?", Margo hissed, her heart hammering against her chest.

   "I'm obviously waiting for you", the man sitting on her bed dryly replied. "I'm trying to talk to you for a whole week now, I'm done with waiting."

   "Are you drunk?", Margo asked, examining his red rimmed eyes.

   "Well, I had a drink or two tonight, but that's nothing new, is it?", said Sirius, shrugging. "So you're back, yeah? What does that mean?"

   "What - what does that mean?", she echoed. "This doesn't mean a damn, I'm just here because Charlie bid me to help Molly."

   "So you won't stay?"

   "I'll be gone the second Arthur has fully recovered."

   "Good." He lifted himself out of the bed.

   "Good?", Margo asked. "And now you go? I thought we need to talk?!"

   "I didn't say it would be a long talk", he replied. "I didn't get much sleep last night, little Fudge. So if you don't mind, I'll go to bed now."

   Margo blinked at him, trying not to explode, trying to keep her mouth shut, trying not to curse his arse out of this room. But it didn't help at all.

   "Oh, you bet I mind!", she snapped, taking two large steps until she was standing right in front of him, her indexfinger poking in his chest. "What was that about? You wanted to remind me that you don't care about be, yah?"

   "Of course not, I -"

   "Fine, because I don't need a reminder, the memory is still bloody fresh, you human version of period cramps!"

   "What did you just call me?", he bursted out laughing, and the smell of Firewhiskey hung in the air between them. "Was that your interpretation of an insult?"

   "Gosh, just get out of here already, would you?"

   "That's what I was up to before you called me period cramps, remember?", he scoffed, suddenly grabbing her finger, which was still trying to break through his ribcage. Merlin, she was just adorable! "You're cute when you're angry, do you know?", he said with a little help from the Firewhiskey running through his veins. "Except for your eyes, they are pretty creepy when you pinch them like that. Almost red. I probably would hex you, if I'd see those eyes in a gloomy backyard. I prefer amber."

   "Who's Amber?" Startled, Margo looked up at him, blinking in confusion, and Sirius had a rough time to not just close the gap between them and pull her closer ...

   "Not who, dottle", he barked a laughter, and again her eyebrows furrowed above the glimming orbs of her irises. "Your eyes. Your amazing amber colored eyes."

   "They're brown."

   "You can't just call it brown." Part of his brain was screaming at him to finally shut his mouth, but of course he ignored it. "This isn't brown. My mother's precious jewelry looks absolutely worthless next to those eyes! I mean, don't you ever look in the mirror? Haven't you ever noticed how when the sunlight meets your eyes it just looks like melted - are you alright?"

   An eyebrow arched, he watched her lips parting, and in those stunning eyes something was clearly going on, while her skin turned pale.

   "Out", she breathed, wriggling her fingers out of his grip.

   "Margo, what -"

   "Out!", she suddenly yelled, pointing her finger at the door. And with no idea about what was going on, Sirius eyes didn't leave her face for one second while moving, not a single one until the door banged shut right in front of his nose, and a second later his mother started screaming down in the hallway.

   While Sirius was busy to silence Walburga Black, Margo was still learning against the closed door, forehead pressed against the cool wood, eyes closed. Amber eyes. And her mind running all around the same thought over and over again ...

   PS: My favourite colour is amber.