Chapter 38 "Office Romance"

Sophie's POV

White pumpkin carriages, fairy godmothers with a magical wand, sparkly blue dresses and the glass slippers...

Does it remind you of something?

Sounds familiar, huh?

I was just a little girl when my grandma used to tell me the story about how Cinderella got her prince charming. Growing up, it was my favourite story. I always requested my grandma to tell me about Cinderella and how she left her glass slippers which led her prince charming to her doorstep.

Somewhere, at some point in her life, a girl always dreams of a fairy tale like love story, a prince charming who will change her life forever for the better. Who will cherish her and love her till the very end.

And of course, the best part of the story,

The happy-ever-after ending.

I came to this new city for not finding love, or maybe I did, I don't know. But I came here to make a life of my own, build something, meet new people, find myself. And maybe even meeting that someone in the way.

I clearly remember the first time I met Alex outside that little coffee shop when I first came here. I was new in this city and didn't know my way around and I ended up bumping into the hottest billionaire in the country. A single encounter left me thinking about him all day. Somewhere, I wanted to meet him again.

Fate played it's part though and brought us together again in that interview and I met him again.

The media and other people describe him as some heartless, cruel, playboy billionaire and maybe he is but I've seen the other side of him.

The better side.

The side that cares for people. The side that is funny and adorable and so easy to fall in love with.

Last night...

It will be etched in my memory forever.

The cool breeze from the ocean and it's feel, the loud waves crashing and racing against each other, hitting the rocks, the feel of the velvety grass blades beneath my feet and tickling me slightly, the flicker of light far away from an old abandoned lighthouse, the clear sky. It was so beautiful.

And that kiss...that damn kiss...

It was perfect.

How he held me, kissed me, how we cuddled under the light of the thousand stars and bright moon and talked all night as we fell asleep together. It all meant so much. Waking up in his arms and watching the sunrise with him by my side was something I'll never forget.

Every time he does something like this, my heart can't help but like him a little bit more each time. And it scared me because I didn't even think that a guy like him who can have any girl in this entire planet would fall for me.

How he confessed his feelings for me and kissed me after that made me feel special. He kissed me like he meant it. And I kissed him back with the equal fervor.

I still can't get over the fact that I'm Alex's girlfriend now.

I guess I found someone too.

I just came out of shower and right now I'm getting ready for work and for the first time in my life I can't decide what to wear for work. On any normal day it wouldn't be such a big deal but today seems different.

It feels like I'm going to office after such a long time and so much has happened in between.

I just realized that I'm dating my boss now and it's nerve racking. I mean, I'm happy that I'll get to spend more time with him but still he's my boss and I work for him and I'm really nervous right now. And I want to look good, maybe because of him. I'm just really nervous.