-Hurry

Ryder pov

I jump out my car and run up to the doors leading to the main body of our hideout.

I burst through the doors, my eyes searching for the danger and my members.

...

There's nothing.

Shit, what if they all got kidnapped?

I turn, already pulling my phone out my pocket to see if I can contact my other branches.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!"

My head snaps back around, and by instinct, my gun is out pointing at the middle of Lucas's head.

What the hell?

"Ryder, you still haven't put the gun down...." Lucas states, sounding nervous with the gun still pointing in between his eyes.

I shake my head.

"Why should I put the gun down?" I ask.

Luke tenses up.

"Because... I'm one of your best friends." He offers.

Eh.

"You're lucky you're my second in command."

"Where's Rose? I thought you were taking her everywhere with you." He asks, sounding as dumb as he looks.

I thought I was heading into battle, why would I bring her?

I hold my tongue.

I need to get back.

"You figure that out, ok?" I state as head back towards my car.

"Where are you going? The party just started!" Lucas shouts as the boys behind him mumble in agreement.

"To get Rose!" I shout back, getting in my seat.

They all start chuckling.

"Whipped!" I hear as I pull out.

I grin to myself.

Eh...maybe.

Rose pov

I finally get up after about 30 minutes of lying on my bed.

I'm hungry.

I head downstairs and into the kitchen, ignoring my mom still passed out on the couch, drunk.

I sigh.

Really though, why the hell was I in such a hurry to come here?

I open the fridge and pull out some day old, leftover Chinese rice.

At least she's eating...

I shake my head.

Why am I so emotional about this? I'm already used to this.

Stop being such a punk bitch.

I lightly slap my cheeks, after putting the rice into the microwave.

My mind wonders until it lands on the subject of Ryder...

What a dumbass pervert.

I chuckle, thinking of the time weeks ago he thought I was some annoying nerd in class, to now wanting me to rule his gang by his side.

He's such a dork.

I feel the smile on my face drain away.

I don't want to be here.

I'd rather be in Ryder's house, reading Romeo and Juliet for the 3rd time, than stay in this house with a woman who's given up on not only herself but her family.

Then...what am I waiting for?

When my mom left my dad about 3 years ago, she was full of passion, wanting freedom, finally.

But one day she just broke, started coming home really late and became distant.

I lost her...

The microwave beeps loudly, snapping me out of my thoughts.

Shit...I'm such a softy.

I should be over all this.

I take out the food and head back up to my room.

I jump down on my bed and begin eating, pulling up my laptop to watch Shane Dawson.

It's been way too long.

I wonder when Ryder's going to show up.

He will, I know he will, it's Ryder.

So instead making a long ass tiring journey back to his house, I'll wait.

But if he pulls that rape shit, I'm gone and he'll probably be missing his little friend.

I still don't like him, but he's a lot more bearable than the woman downstairs right now.

I sigh, staring dazed at Shane Dawson at Target.

He needs to hurry up already.

______________________________________

7/27/18

3.9k

I'm back, sorry for the huge break, I was...lazy, had writer's block. It was bad anyway I'll be updating once to three times a week, love y'all.

Plus if u haven't seen my other book tormented it's completed and currently under editing so u no help ur girl out here.

Thank u guys for the support still.

Ciao.