Chapter 38

Previously

"Look Mason, that's how you protect someone. You don't just feed them to the monster" I sigh exaggerated, playfully looking at him

"Well, go date Connor then. I couldn't care less" he sends me a glare and his face is emotionless, before turning back to his conversation with Lauren, who looks kind of shocked. And he dares to give her a flirtatious smile.

Now

My mouth drops.

So that's how it is? That's how much I mean to him? He's willing to let me go that easily? He's not going to fight for me at all? He cares that much for me? I knew he wouldn't and couldn't change for me. How could I be that stupid?

I grit my teeth in anger, standing now in front of a shocked Jake and Connor.

Even they noticed.

I walk towards him and stand right in front of him with a pissed off look on my face.

"What?" Mason asks harshly

Wow. Just, wow.

I raise my hand and slap him across his face. He grunts, but before he can say anything, I have stormed off.

"Lex, it's getting dark, don't go into the woods!" Connor shouts after me

"I'll be right back" I shoot him a small smile, before disappearing in the woods

Who the hell does he think he is?

Tears slowly escape my eyes and I let out a deep and shaky breath.

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't mind him talking to other girls and smiling at them, as long as he treats me with respect and doesn't make it seem like he doesn't give a dámn about me.

After a while of walking, it's getting really dark and my feet hurt. Oh and I don't know where I am and neither do I have a clue how to go back. I almost forgot, I don't have my phone with me. So that's just great.

My teeth chatter and I shiver. Why did I storm off into the woods again? Without a towel, shoes, a phone or a person?

God, I'm so stupid and pathetic. Now I seem like a possessive and jealous girlfriend, who storms off for no particular reason.

I look around me, for as far as I can see something.

Which way did I come from again? Was it this way? Or maybe that way? Huh?

"I am so stupid" I groan and slap my hand against my forehead a couple of times.

Okay, now first of all? Where the hell did I come from?

I think about it for a few moments.

"Ah, screw that. I'm just gonna walk somewhere" I mumble to myself

I walk towards the way that I think I came from.

Okay, I don't even think I came from this way... I don't have an actual freaking clue.

After another while, I'm exhausted and place myself on the ground to catch my breath.

"Why am I so stupid?" I say as a few tears more tears escape my eyes, the double meaning hitting me hard

A few tears turn into a lot of tears and a lot of tears turn into me crying. I put my knees to my chest and hug them, crying softly.

"ALEX!" someone shouts

I jump up and quickly wipe my tears away.

"I'm here!" I scream, relieve flooding over me

Someone's shadow appears. Mason.