Dinner Confusion

(Aly's P.O.V.)

Peter shuts himself in the bathroom to change, giving me privacy and time to judge the outfit Tony has chosen for me.
A red and black flannel, a black tank top with a rose on it, black jeans and combat boots. Wow. Can't wait to see what everyone else has been given to wear.

Peter knocks on the bathroom door, checking if it's safe to come out, once he does I laugh at him. Blue jeans, a t-shirt with the cuffs slightly rolled up and his every day shoes. "You look like a dork."
"You look like.... a nerd?"
"No that's still you Peter."
"Whatever. Let's go."

He leaves the room, making me question if I made him mad or if he's just annoyed in general. Who cares. There's food out there and in the kitchen.

Walking into the dinning room I laughs at the outfit my mother is wearing: a white tank top with a outlining of a rose with specks of what could be blood covered by a leather jacket,  I'm guessing jeans from what it looks like and of course heels that make her like six inches taller.

Steve is in khakis and a nice shirt, dad is dressed up, instead of sweats and a muscle shirt he's in jeans and a black long sleeve. Natasha is looking great in leather pants, heels, a red shirt and brown leather jacket. No one else has arrived other than Peter.

Walking over to Nat who is leaning against the counter playing on her phone I question "Why are we here again?"
"Because Tony. That's all you need to know."
"Who decided what we all were going to wear?"
"Tony and I." Tony for the guys Natasha the lady's?
"Natasha did you decide on my shirt?"
"Yes. It looks lovely on you."
"If you say so?"

Looking for my name tag I find it beside Peter, and beside Loki who is at an end of the really long table.

By the time everyone has arrived it's loud, there's a lot of yelling and Tony is smiling, being a gentleman and also not drinking. Something is definitely up.

Leaning so my head is closer to Peter I whisper shout "Peter! What's wrong with Tony?"
"What?"
Uh. Deaf much? Pointing down the table at Tony I raise and eye brow and try a second time "what's wrong with Tony?"

"Oh. I'm not allowed to say. He swore me to secrecy."
"I can keep a secret."
"I'm not allowed to say."
"Fine." I give him a smirk and turn to the man clad in a green shirt, "Loki, what is Tony planning?"

He looks at Tony, but before he can say anything to me Thor swats him on the shoulder while laughing, making Loki spill the drink he was holding all over himself. Sucker.

After excusing himself to go and change I turn back to Peter. "You planned that didn't you?"
"No I didn't little girl. Now eat your dinner."
Not being able to come up with a witty comeback because of disbelief I mutter "Jerk." And shove some of a croissant into a my mouth.

People are talking, Nat and Pepper and laughing, Wanda and Vision have their fingers laced together, Clint is annoying Dad with the help of Mom, Peter and May are having a quiet whisper-shout battle. Leave it to the teen that looks less than ten to be the one to speak to the God in the room. Curiosity will kill this cat. "Hey Thor, what's Asgard like?" 

With a sad smile he moves closer to me and sits in Loki's seat, "well, Asgard is a beautiful place. Tall walls covered in vines, lakes sparkling and warriors training on their beaches. The market places are always busy while the shops are open, children are often outside in the woods, playing, hiding, seeking. Some are even building hide aways. My personal favourite part of Asgard is the gardens, my mother and a few others took care of it, planting, weeding and watering all of the flowers there. It's beautiful."