04. Truth or dare.

When Ty and I arrive at the beach Cam is already unhooking the boat into the loading dock. His friends are all huddled in a group talking about different girls.

All of them completely oblivious to Cam's heartbreaking. I can tell by his slow motions that he's stalling to get the boat out into the water. I don't mind, because I know as soon as we step on that boat it'll feel empty. There will always be a void now.

I don't remember a single time we got on the boat without her.

Then I hear my name come out of the devil's mouth, making my thoughts subside for the moment.

"Eww no. I fucking hate Baylor!"
Asher says and I sneak a glance in his direction.

"Dude she's hot what's there to hate?"
Another guy says and Asher looks over at me and I act as if I'm not listening and look at Ty who's rambling on about something.

"A lot more than she lets anyone know."
At this, I can't help but to look up at him and he's already staring at me. We make eye contact, neither one of us bothering to look away. Cam whistles for everyone to get on the boat and they do, but Asher and I stay rooted in place staring each other down until Ty pulls me towards the boat. I stop Ty and tell him I am going to go talk to Cam, he gives me a sad smile and nods his head; already knowing what I'm going to talk to him about. I begin walking to the parking lot where Cam is parking the truck.

"You okay?"
He asks when he sees me approaching.

"Are you?"
I ask him and he stares at me for a moment before answering honestly.

"I don't know."
We stand there for a moment in silence before I speak up again.

"I remembered something today. Not a lot. Just a pair of headlights and the screeching of tires then it just disappeared. It was weird though, it was like I was watching it happen from the passenger seat, and not figuratively but literally. Like the passenger seat of the car."
I tell him and his eyes narrow in on me confused.

"Are you sure? They said you were driving."
He asks and I just shake my head.

"No. I'm not sure about anything anymore. I just hope more of my memory will come back."

"The doctors said to give it time, it may not come back at all."
He says and I nod my head agreeing with him.

"Yea. Yea I know."
I say and we start walking back to his group of friends.

"Baylor Campbell! Helllooo."
One of Cams friends say as he winks at me and I realize it was the voice that called me hot earlier. He has black shaggy hair and deep brown eyes to match with full lips and perfect teeth. I smile politely back at him and wave.

"Okay Bay, this is Jake."
Cam points to the boy that was talking to me.

"You know Asher and Michael. That's Drew."
He points to a boy with long curly black hair, his eyes are an emerald green that contrasts perfectly with his tan skin tone. He smiles at me shyly showing me his flawless teeth and dimples. He's gorgeous.

Why haven't I seen this boy before?

"Hi Drew. I'm Baylor. You can call me Bay."
I smile at him and he reaches for my hand and shakes it gently.