Route 666

We were at a gas station, Dean was off to the side talking on the phone and Sam had a map spread out on the hood. Blue was sitting next to me in the backseat playing iSpy. "I spy something... Red," Blue announced after looking around for a moment. "Is it my Dorito bag?" He snapped his fingers, "Oh, you're too good at this," Blue complained. I grinned at him, "So, why don't you ever talk to me when Sam or Dean are around?" Blue questioned. I glanced at Sam and Dean, who were now having a conversation by the map, "Because we're hunters, I don't want them to make you go away or think I'm crazy." Blue nodded his head, "I would never go away. Well, unless you wanted me too," Dean took that moment to open his car door, "Come on, are you coming or not?" he yelled at Sam as he got in. Sam rolled his eyes and folded the map before getting in the car. "Oh and Chris?" Dean turned to look at me as Sam got in the car. "Since Sam's a nerd-" Sam cut him off, "Dude," Dean ignored him and kept going, "I got you a word search book for the road." Dean passed a plastic bag from the gas station to me, "Knock yourself out," Dean told me as he started the car. I grabbed the pen from in the bbag and opened to the first page, "Oh I love word searches!" Blue exclaimed as we started the first one.

Blue and I finished three word searches; Sam and Dean however, were arguing about where we were going. "By old friend you mean...?" Dean looked annoyed at Sam, as he'd been since we got in the car, "A friend that's not new," he kept looking at the road. "Oh yeah, thanks. So her name's Cassie huh? You never mentioned her..." Sam teased. "Didn't I?" Dean feigned confusion. Sam was staring at Dean with an expectant look. "Yeah, we went out," Dean admitted after a few seconds. Blue tapped the page we were on, "'Chameleon', I finally found it," Blue announced, I looked down at the paper where his finger was. I clicked the pen and drew a line through the word. "You mean you dated somebody? For more than one night," Sam sounded shocked as I scratched the word from the list," Dean sounded defensive. I found the word 'Ant', which went through 'Chameleon'. "Good eye," Blue commented as I scratched out the word. "And...?" Sam asked expectantly, Sam went on, "Look, it's terrible about her dad, but it kinda sounds like a standard car accident. I'm not seeing how it fits with what we do. Which by the way, how does she know what we do?" I glanced up to focus back on the conversation, but Blue tapped on the page again, "Jaguar." I looked down and drew another line through the word. "You told her. You told her, the secret! Our big family rule number one. We do what we do and we shut up about it. For a year and a half I do nothing but lie to Jessica, and-" Sam was angry, but Blue put his hands over my ears and suddenly I couldn't hear anything. I looked over at Blue, who was staring directly at Sam and Dean with a sad look. He didn't take his hands off of my ears for at least five minutes and by then, the two were silent. I would've thought that Blue hadn't given back my hearing, but I could hear the radio playing quietly.

The two were silent for almost two hours, what broke it was Dean wanting to drop me off somewhere. "Chris, I'm gonna get a motel room after we go to the publisher building in town, I want you to stay there," Dean informed, glancing at me in the rearview mirror. I nodded, I didn't really have a problem with this. Blue clapped his hands, I'd actually be able to talk to him whenever they left. I glanced out the window, we were pulling into a parking lot. That's probably why he mentioned it.

I held Dean's hand as we walked into the office, Blue had decided to wait for me in the car. It looked like three people were arguing, "Jimmy, you're too close to this. Those guys were friends of yours. Again, Cassie, I'm very sorry for your loss," one of them told the two sadly before walking off. The other man stalked off as well, leaving the woman. She sighed and turned around, probably to walk off as well, but froze when she saw us. Or more specifically, Dean. "Dean," she sounded shocked as she took a few steps closer. "Hey Cassie." Dean joined in the staring for a while before snapping out of it, clearing his throat, "This my brother Sam and my little sister Chris," Cassie seemed to just notice that Sam and I were there. She smiled at Sam for a couple seconds before going back to staring at Dean. "Sorry 'bout your dad," Dean told her. "Yeah. Me too," she sounded sad, but didn't break her staring of Dean. I took my hand out of Dean's, which seemed to snap him out of it, "So why don't you tell us what happened?" Dean asked, I went over to Sam, who was looking down at me, and raised my arms. He rolled his eyes, but picked me up anyway. Cassie looked around the room, "Let's talk about this somewhere private, do you still remember where I live?" Dean nodded his head, I could feel Sam silently scoff.