Chapter Five

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

-VampireRoses1223

A loud ringing woke me from my sleep, and it groggily grabbed my phone, noticing it was already 10 a.m.

"Shit..." I sighed as I dropped my arm and laid there for a moment, too tired to move. But I knew I had to eventually get up. I had to go to work.

"Dammit." I sat up and rubbed my tired eyes. I stretched my arms, and yawned. "Huh?" I asked confused. My body was covered with the blanket, even though I was sure I'd fallen asleep over the covers, not under...

I lifted the blanket and noticed I also had a t-shirt and a pair of pajama shorts on. "I don't remember putting clothes on..." I thought out loud, climbing out of bed. I silently vowed to myself to never drink whiskey again, obviously it was a lot stronger than I thought it was.

For one, it made me feel like a complete drunk, sloppy mess that couldn't stop crying, secondly, I didn't only feel drunk, it also felt like I had munched on some shrooms for a snack or something, which was the only logical explanation to the hot man hallucinations. And thirdly, my head was pounding, and I felt extremely light headed right now.

Never again whiskey, never again. It would be a miracle if I could even stand past 12.

I looked at my phone again, seeing that the battery was critically low. I was too drunk and tired to charge it last night...

I quickly put it on the charge and left it on my nightstand. "I feel like crap..." I mumbled hopping into the shower, which I took my sweet time in.

But just before I could start enjoying the hot cascading water on my skin, my phone started ringing. I paused, my heart feeling like it had just jumped right out my chest.

I know being startled by a ringing phone is being a little too paranoid, but with what happened last night, I was still on edge. I know none of it really happened, but somehow it felt so real, it was hard to keep convincing myself that it wasn't.

And speaking of feeling so real, the man I saw in the hallway bathroom, I knew the instant I saw him, or reimagined him, every detail about him was exactly the same, other than the missing cuts, bruises and gashes. And the way the water glistened of his skin made it appear so real...

I once heard that when you dream or imagine things, your brain can't make up faces. You only have dreams or daydreams about faces you've already seen somewhere. And I can swear on my life that I've NEVER seen that man before in my entire life... Except for the part where I uh... Ran him over with my car...

A tinge of guilt hit me, and I winced internally. "Wait, why am I worried about a figment of my drunken imagination? He wasn't real..." I closed my eyes and tried to let the refreshing water take my thoughts with it down the drain, but my phone started to ring again.

I gently banged my head against the shower door. Apparently nothing was going to let me enjoy my shower. Sighing heavily, I turned off the shower and wrapped myself in my fuzzy and now warm blue towel.

I grabbed my phone off the nightstand and my eyes squinted in confusion. "No missed calls...?" I gasped. "But I could of swore I heard my phone ringing... Oh God." I clutched my head. "It's happening again..." I moaned out in aggravation.

"No, no it's not. Your imagining it. Your still tired, the whiskey you drank last night must have been expired, or something... It was alcohol poisoning, nothing else and nothing more." Even though I had just gotten out of the shower, I could feel goosebumps starting to appear on my arms and legs.