T W E L V E

If even possible, since Doctor Lina had been working with Donovan Ander as his personal medical team, her clinic has been growing and expanding. Business could have never been better.

Lina's team of MA's, LPN's and RN's grew and her clinic also expanded. With the money she was getting from Donovan and from the growth in business, Lina was able to buy nearly the entire corner her clinic sat, the place going through some serious renovations and remodeling. Her small clinic grew nearly three times it's size, the entrance still the original lobby and check-in counter, her home still above the original building of the clinic.

Amanda became the second in charge after finally finishing school an getting her medical license to become a real doctor. Amanda, along with the new crew Lina hired, worked nights at the clinic, going all the way until Lina's shift in the morning. The clinic became twenty-four-hours and was fit with a real emergency room. More funding went into medical equipment and supplies.

Lina couldn't have possibly been happier about the immense successes of her clinic and how far it had come, truly it had come such a long way--

"My ankle isn't going to fix itself," Donovan's voice rang through her ears, snapping Lina out of her flashback of the past few months.

She shot the man a stern look and pulled her chair up beside the bed, placing on gloves and readying bandages to wrap his ankle.

"I told you to take your medication, Donovan," Lina said, giving him a sideways glance, long enough to see him roll his eyes. In response, Lina purposely tightened the bandage around his ankle, a low hiss erupting past his lips. "How long, exactly, have we been working together, Mr. Ander?" she asked through gritted teeth, tightening the wrap further. "You must listen to your doctor."

"Cut it out," he finally snapped, sitting up and trying to shoo her away but she stood her ground, tightening the wrap.

"I don't think you realize, Mr. Ander," she continued, finishing the tightly done wrap. "It has to be tight in order to restrict sudden movements from the ankle. What you think is causing damage is actually helping you."

He flopped back on the bed, groaning at her smartness. "How long, exactly, have I put up with your harshness?"

"My harshness?" she scoffed, putting away the leftover bandages. "Let's not forget who tried to shut down whose clinic, multiple times."

"Please," he scoffed back. "It was an empty threat, I didn't want to sue a business that had no chance."

"You ass!" she screeched, tossing him his refill of medication. "Take them, Donovan," she said, pointing a finger at him. "They will help."

He sighed heavily, tossing the bottle to the side and covering his face with his arm. "I can't take them, Lina," he finally admitted.

"What do you mean you can't take them?"

"I'm allergic," he said, lifting his arm up to see her face.

She let out a big breath, shutting her eyes for a moment and rubbing her temples. "NSAIDs?" he nodded. "Dammit, Donovan!" she snapped. "I asked you several times if you had any allergies to any drugs, when were you going to tell me this?"

"I forgot."

Even though she had been working closely with this man for nearly two months, he still managed to make her life a roller-coaster of emotions. Mainly, she only felt irritation and annoyance towards the giant brute for he was as stubborn as a bull.

"I won't be able to get you anything different on such short notice so for the pain use cold packs and hot packs, change between the two. If your ribs and back start hurting taking a ice bath and then lay on a heating pad for twenty minutes," she said, taking a seat on one of the chairs. "I can't believe you forgot."