21. I Remember That Line I Helped You With

t w e n t y - o n e

"WOW," I BREATHE OUT SLOWLY. My heart is racing. "I don't think I'll ever get sick of that."

"I know I haven't," Corbyn sighs. "The thrill of being on stage. It sucks that was our last show."

It didn't really suck. I would finally get some time alone. I love most of these guys, but months of living together on a tour bus wasn't the best. Especially when you can't even talk to one of the people you're on tour with. We decided to take away any part with me and Jonah in it after our fight. We haven't talked, and I don't plan to. When he decides to stop being butthurt, I'll start talking to him.

"Now, we have some down time," Daniel says with a smile. "We can just make music."

"That reminds me! I have a song I want you all to hear," I say. "I just need to record it."

"Cool," Jack says.

"What are some of the lyrics?" Christina asks from Corbyn's lap.

"It starts off like: You can pretend you don't miss me," I start reciting before it starts molding into a singing voice.

"I like it," Zach states, clapping. They all nod their heads in agreement as I blush with pride.

"I remember that line I helped you with," Jonah says, leaning on the doorframe.

"Yeah, so do I," I reply stiffly.

"Can we talk?" He asks quietly. He thinks he can just try to apologize a long time after he says shit and that everything will be fine?! No. But let's see him try.

"Sure," I say, following him.

"I'm sorry," he says, stopping in that area we watched movies in that first day on tour. Fond memories are always ruined by something. "I said a lot of things I shouldn't have, and I know I got mad over nothing. I'm just frustrated."

"You're not forgiven," I retort. "You can't sit on your ass for weeks and then apologize so late. That's not how this works. And you know what, there must've been an inkling of truth in what you said. For that, we can't be friends." I walk away, stopping for a second to say, "I understand why you don't want to spend time with me. It's fine." I sniffle slightly, walking over to my bunk and climb in. Stupid tour bus. You can't get any privacy. All you can do is just shut the curtains. A curtain isn't enough to block all the tension on this bus.

[]

"You're so dumb," Quinn says, hitting Daniel's arm after they take a picture.

"What do you mean?" He asks, pulling his sunglasses off his nose. "That's a perfect pose for a mirror selfie!"

"That's cause you're not holding the phone," she chuckles, typing on her phone probably to post the picture. I shouldn't be eavesdropping, but they're so loud. It's endearing.

My phone dings, telling me that Quinn posted something.

QuinnDemores: it's quite obvious to see who's the more mature one in this relationship[ 👤 : SeaveyDaniel ]

[ 👤 : SeaveyDaniel ]

"She's right, Dani. That's a dumb pose," I call over, laughing at the picture.

"You're all against me! I expected better," he says, gasping dramatically.

"Bro, what is this pose?!" Jonah shouts from across the hotel lobby, causing me to burst into laughter. He glances over at me, an amused smile playing on his lips. I smile back at him, forgetting the previous remarks. It almost seems like we're back in high school. It feels like we're just two kids who like each other. Love was too strong a word, back then, even if we didn't realize it.

 Love was too strong a word, back then, even if we didn't realize it

Kind of a filler chapter. I didn't really know what to write, and I wanted to update. I made that edit of Sabrina&Daniel so it's really bad. Well, I tried so.

I honestly have no idea how I'm going to make this go now.

I love you all, my hopeless romantics! Vote and comment! Have a fantastic day!

Q. Will Amber and Jonah make up?

June 12, 2018