13 - Us*

James Bay

* * *

"Tell me how to be in this world

Tell me how to breathe in and feel no hurt."

* * *

| | E R I C 

I know I'm smiling, and I know it's freaking Four out.

"Fuck, you look like a creep." He mutters like I'm nowhere near him, like I can't hear what he's saying, but that doesn't rile me up like usual. In fact, it's making me smile even more.

"Don't disturb me for the rest of the day," Is the comeback I reply, quickly moving back towards the door. "The initiates can make do with just one instructor."

Before I close the office door, I hear him shout from over my shoulder, "Deliberations are in three days! You better have your ass in this damn office by then!"

...  

"It's Max's wedding anniversary tonight." I whisper as I wrap my arms around Annie's middle, swaying us back and forth with the baby still in her arms. "We should really buy some clothes, you know. He'd kick my ass if I don't show up in a suit and tie."

Annie laughs and lays her head back against my chest, still keeping her eyes on the sleeping baby. "That's why you're so happy today? You want to go shopping? Damn, Eric. I didn't know you were such a girl."

I make a noise from the back of my throat. It's weird and it sounds like I'm being strangled. "Well, I'd love to see you wearing a dress. It's been a long time."

"Did you visit Jaxon this morning?" I hum a yes, my chest vibrating. She continues to ask me, "How is he?"

"He's doing good." A small smiles overtakes my face whilst we sway towards the middle of the living room, my arms tighten around Annie's the tiniest bit, "His bastard Uncle and his kids have been dealt with. He's with Clark now. Both of them seem happy."

At the mention of the old man and the gangly kid, Annie turns and faces me, standing on the tips of her toes so she can kiss me on the cheek. "Clark needs someone around. It's been so long since Rhea died. It's nice to see them providing each other company."

I nod my head in her direction. "Anyway, I've been wanting to visit Jordan as well."

"So you can beat him up again?" Annie counters, narrowing her gaze and pulling her lips to a frown. "Not a chance."

"No, I'm past that." My eyes roll as I place myself on the couch, collapsing with a loud thud. The light from the bulb illuminates Annie as she moves side to side, lulling the baby deeper into sleep. She looks pretty. "I wanted to talk to him about Sierra. I... I want to help him, Annie. I really do."

Annie drops her glare and walks over to me with a proud smile on her face. My chest puffs up in adoration. "That's good. Say, do you want to go down the Pit and shop for a while? We can stop  by Jordan's apartment when we're finished."

My arms reach out towards her, curling around her middle once again. I press my nose to her hair and breathe in her scent. She smells like vanilla and baby powder. "Yeah, I'd like that."

...  

"Can't we just leave her next door?" I mumble as I gently bounce Sierra up and down my arms, a grimace appearing on my face when her spit dribbles down her chin and onto my shirt, "Ugh, disgusting."