- bonus chapter iii

- two years, a few weeks and a couple beers later -

Jax was drunk. Extremely drunk.

He hadn't drank this much even when he was working at a bar and had cabinets of alcohol at his disposal. He told himself that drinking was a way for him to forget, but he wasn't forgetting about Alec. The alcohol only seemed to amplify his longing for Alec, and the roaring flood of emotions he was trying to numb.

He should get back to Magnus' apartment. Get to bed.

He found himself hollering for Magnus, and soon the warlock swaggered over to where he was sitting on the counter. Magnus had glitter all over, his previously gelled hair was now sticking to his forehead due to the sweat. Magnus was bopping his head to the music, his hips swaying slightly. Jax scoffed at the sight. Well, at least one of them is having fun.

Upon seeing the state of his friend, the corner's of Magnus lips went down into a frown. He placed his hand on Jax's back. "You look awful," he shouted in his ear. 

"I-I'm fine," Jax slurred with a faint roll of his eyes. "You can back go to dancing," his words jumbled up as he tried to push Magnus back to the dance floor but almost fell down the stool instead.

Magnus was about to say something but then turned his head as he heard a bunch of people calling out to him over the loud music. "Go," Jax said softly, barely able to keep his eyes open anymore.

The warlock groaned. "I can't leave you alone, you'll probably drink half a liquor store by the time I get back."

"Wow, thanks for having faith in me—hey!" Magnus had stepped forward and took Jax's phone out of his hands. Jax couldn't do anything but make a half-hearted grab for it and obviously missed.

Magnus' eyes sparkled as he typed away on his phone. "I have a better idea."

"What kind of idea?" Jax asked but Magnus was already gone with his phone, off to a secluded corner at the far end of the bar. When he came back, his smile wasn't his ordinary bright smile. No, it was more like a million watt version, and it was extremely suspicious.

Jax narrowed his eyes as he took his phone back from Magnus. "What did you do?"

If it were possible, Magnus' smile brightened even further. "Alexander is coming to pick you up."

Jax groaned, burying his head in his hands. "Oh, fuck," he was too dizzy to try and get up and shake Magnus like he wanted to. "I hate you so, so much."

"Love you too," Magnus replied sweetly. "It's for your own good you know."

"Traitor," Jax grumbled under his breath. Still, there was absolutely nothing he could do about it. His legs were jello and his world was turning. He could hardly even walk without help, let alone get back to Magnus' apartment. He had no choice but to wait for his ex-boyfriend, and let him haul his sorry drunk ass home.

Magnus kept him awake, slapping his cheeks or shaking his shoulders every now and then and bringing him water, until Magnus finally exclaimed. "There's Alexander!"

Blinking his eyes open, Jax saw one of the weirdest things he's ever seen and probably was going to see in his life: Alec approaching a night club.

There really was just no other way to describe it than weird as fuck—Sure, the first time he met Alec was at the Pandemonium but it was entirely under different circumstances and it wasn't as if Alec had gone there on his own free will. Alec's was all stiff, straight-backed, and marching towards him like a Shadowhunter on a mission. He turned a lot of heads as he went. Jax wasn't sure if it was because Alec looked so out of place, or because he was absolutely smoking hot. Maybe both.