35

Lyra (1)

"Everything seems normal," my so famous doctor said as he wrapped his stethoscope around his neck. "you just have a slight fever. The medicine I gave Tenzin should help."

I shook my head. "No, that can't be right. All of the symptoms were there." I averted my eyes to my father who stood behind Doctor Amano. "Tell him, dad."

"He told me everything just like you did. You're not sick, Lyra." Amano said.

"This doesn't make any sense! I even went unconscious!"

"I believe you." Doctor Amano packed up all of his things into his little bag. "But there isn't anything wrong now. Just your fever."

"Check again!"

"Lyra." My father sighed.

Doctor Amano placed his hand on my shoulder. "I've seen you during an episode. We all have. Trust me, this false alarm is a good thing."

Doctor Amano looked back to my parents. "Call me if anything changes."

"Thank you, Doctor."

They bowed to each other then he left.

My mother walked over to my bed and sat beside me. "You were out for a whole day, honey. Maybe that did something."

My father placed the medicine onto my bedside table. "Your friends will be arriving soon. Take it easy for the rest of the day and make sure to take your medicine."

My mother and father sent me a smile before they both left my bedroom. Seconds later, Meelo came running in.

"I can see the ferry! They're almost here!"

I wearingly smiled, "Okay."

As Meelo and I walked out of my room, he grabbed my hand.

"Are they nice?" Meelo asked me.

I nodded, "Very nice."

When we reached the dock, we joined Korra, Ikki, and Jinora.

"Hey, what did the doctor say?" Korra asked me.

"I just have a fever." I responded.

"But you're okay? Like episode free okay?"

I nodded. "Everything's good."

"They're here!"

We all turned and as the ferry approached the dock, we waved to them. Once the ferry went to a stop, Mako's eyes met mine. I cleared my throat as I looked down.

"You're finally here!" Ikki said. "Welcome to Air Temple Island - your new home!"

The air acolytes onboard dropped the ramp then the trio walked down.

"Yes, welcome to my domain!" Meelo pointed to himself.

"Well aren't you sweet, little monk child." Bolin smiled. Pabu then hops off of Bolin's shoulder then runs under Meelo's legs.

"What's that fuzzy creature?" Meelo asked, pointing to Pabu.

"That is a fire ferret." Jinora answered. "An arboreal mammal common to the bamboo forests of the central Earth Kingdom."

Ikki jumped in between them and gasps excitedly. "He's cuuuuute!"

Jinora covered her ears while Ikki screeched. She and Meelo ran over to the fire ferret and and polar dog.

I couldn't help but laugh at Ikki chasing Pabu and Meelo who sat on top of Naga's head, pulling on her ears while yelling, "Fly sky bison, fly!" 

Mako walked over to Korra and I. "Thanks for sending the air acolytes to help us with the move."

"Yes, they've been amazing." Asami agreed. "Such tireless workers."

Korra and I watched with our eyes wide as the air acolytes struggled to bring down piles of luggage.

"Oh, thought you were only bringing a few things." Korra said.

"Trust me, it could've been worse." Mako responded.

"No problem. Everyone here wants you guys to feel welcome." She smiled. "Now let's show you to your rooms."

Everyone began to walk back to the temple, except Mako and I. When Mako grabbed my hand, I looked down at it then faced him. "What are you doing?"

"Trying to talk to you. You seem better, how do you feel?" He asked me. I pulled my hand away from his, "Fine. It was just a false alarm."

"I was really worried. We all were."

I turned around and made my way to the others.

Once we made it back to the temple, Meelo jumped into my arms. Next to us was Asami, who he stared at the whole time with a large grin.

When she turned her head, Meelo reached his hand out to her. "You're pretty. Can I have some of your hair?"

"Looks like I have some competition." Mako smirked.

Meelo frowned before turning to me. "Can I have some of your hair?"

"One: I'm slightly hurt that I'm your second choice and two: no, you cannot have some of my hair." I responded.

Ikki ran in front of the group with her arms out. "And now for the grand tour!"

"The flying bisons sleep in those caves down there! And that's the temple Grandpa Aang built! And that's the green house where we grow the vegetables we eat!" After pointing to each location, she finishes with a wide smile.

"I have a couple questions!" Bolin said. "Is this an all vegetarian island? Is that where you train air bending? Do we have to wear acolyte clothes? Do we each get our own sky bison? And final question, how many trees are on this island?"

After thinking for a second, Ikki happily answers each question. "Yes, yes, no, no, 10,552."

I mentally face palmed. "Only you would know that."

"So where are we going to be staying?" Mako asked.

"You're a boy. Boys have to stay on the boy side." Meelo pointed the opposite direction.

Jinora smiled, "I'd be happy to show you to the men's dormitory."

"Why don't we go with them?" I rhetorically asked Meelo. As I started to join the others, he waved to Asami, "We shall meet again soon, beautiful woman."

"You're going to be quite the charmer when you're older." I chuckled.

"Lyra, since this is an all vegetarian island, why have I seen you eat meat?" Bolin asked me. But before I could answer, Jinora did for me. "Daddy lets her eat meat off the island."

"Which doesn't happen often." I said.

Bolin pouted his lips. "Interesting."

Side Note: False alarm everyone! Lyra isn't sick! I wanted to introduce you to her episodes because it will be a big part later on in the series. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!