4

Edited by none other than very talented and very amazing Goddamnit_Kyle.

To all the ghost readers out there, Ssup?

••••••••

"This is it. I'm going to kill myself."

I pulled my long locks of hair in frustration for the umpteenth time, groaning in anger.

It has been two days since I babysat the so-called bad boy. Two days since I rushed out of his room with a tomato face and flustered expression. Two days of him smirking at me whenever our eyes meet. Two days of Stella pestering me to agree that I did something naughty with Mr. Hotshot.

"Oh, come on! Don't tell me you went into his room, sat on his bed, and did nothing." She whined as I playfully glared at her.

"Why is that so hard to believe?!"

"Because it's Dante Knight we're talking about! The king of dirty." I sighed, shaking my head in disagreement. Honestly, there is no winning against Stella. She will just keep pestering until I finally give in and agree that I did something which I didn't, and then she will gush about it for an eternity.

The bell rang, signalling the end of lunch. Standing up from my chair, I threw away the tray in a nearby bin.

"See you in P.E." Stella says as she rushed out of the cafeteria.

Walking down the crowded hallway, I reached the class. My hand reached for the door when I realized, I forgot my notebook in my locker. "Damn it!" I cursed under my breath. My locker is in the completely opposite direction of my class.

After five minutes of shoving people out of my way, I finally reached my locker. By the time I found my notebook, the halls had completely emptied out. There wasn't even a trace of a student.

"Holy llamas!" I exclaimed as I saw the time. There is no way that I can make it to class in time, seeing as there is only a mere thirty seconds left before the bell rings.

Maybe if I run at the speed of Usain Bolt, I can reach class on time.

I nod to myself and turn around, preparing to sprint like my life depended on it. However, before I could break into a full-speed run, my nose rammed into something hard.

"Ow!" I cried in pain, rubbing my nose. I have zero tolerance for any sort of pain, which for some reason, always seems to amuse my brother.

"Oh wow, is the nerd late again?"

Why does the voice sound so familiar? Wait a second, is this the voice that I have been trying to avoid all day?

My head shot up in disbelief and I stared right into the eyes of Dante Knight. He was staring at me with a stupid smirk plastered on his handsome face, his muscular arms crossed as he leaned against the locker. His ocean eyes raked up and down my body, making me feel self conscious. Maybe I shouldn't have worn this red shirt with my denim shorts.

The intensity of his gaze sent electricity coursing through my veins. I fidgeted in place, shifting my feet. I had no idea how to get rid of the thick tension in the air.

The bell rang, snapping us out of our trance-like state. My eyes widened as the realization that I will be late for the second time in my life, in the same week, sank in. This probably isn't a big deal to others, but for a girl who has never ever been late, it was.