Chapter Thirty-Four

A/N: Okay, finally, here it is! Please leave your comments, I adore them!

~ ~ ~

As if the night hadn’t already caused them enough trouble, now Lydia was M.I.A.

Jackson was on his way to the loft and so was Derek and Stiles – much to the Sheriff’s discontent. Erica and Boyd decided to take a step back on this one, and Allison was waiting at her place in case Lydia happened to show up but it was looking less and less likely.

“She said she was going to talk to Allison so why the hell would she go anywhere else? Where else is there that she could go?” Scott asked as he paced back and forth.

“You can’t work yourself up like this, I’m sure there’s a reasonable explanation for it,” Isaac said.

“Reasonable? Like what Isaac, she just stopped off for frozen yoghurt after waking up screaming?”

“I don’t know Scott don’t take it out on me!”

“I’m sorry!” Scott walked over to Isaac and hugged him, sighing into his shoulder. “I’m sorry, I just… Katherine threatened us, all of us, I don’t want to think that these two things are connected but I just can't help it.”

“I know,” Isaac said softly. “I know it’s hard not to think about it but we can’t start believing that her threats have anything behind them.”

The doors to the loft opened up at that moment and Stiles came running frantically inside.

“What the hell is going on with Lydia? Is she okay? Have you found her?” he asked.

“If they knew anything they would have called us Stiles,” Derek grunted.

“If this is that alpha bitch I swear I’m going to―”

“What Stiles? What are you going to do?” Derek said.

Stiles just huffed out a loud sigh. “Well I’m going to invest in a whole heap of wolfsbane that’s for sure.”

“I don’t think that’s necessary,” Isaac said. “I mean you’re pretty clumsy.”

“Jokes? Really?” Stiles said.

“All of you just shut up,” Derek growled. “Scott, you’re coming with me to follow the scent from earlier, the one from Katherine’s pack.”

“Are you sure that’s a smart idea?” Isaac asked.

“Someone has to do it, if they went anywhere near Jackson’s place we should know,” he nodded but Isaac just shook his head a little. “But how do we even know that we can track them? The scent is hours old now.”

“The blood,” Stiles said, realising it at that moment. “Katherine scratched Daisy across the side of the face there’s bound to be some of it left out there.”

“If she’s done anything to Lydia she’s not going to get away with it,” Derek said.

“I don’t mean to step in on your whole hero parade here,” Isaac started. “But she woke up screaming and then left, how do we know she didn’t just freak out about something?”

“Uh… because she never showed up at Allison’s place and according to Jackson she seemed pretty intent on getting there,” Stiles said sarcastically.

“I’m not saying don’t worry, I’m saying that following the trail of that pack could end up making things worse,” Isaac huffed.

“The two of you, stop arguing and wait here for Jackson. Scott, let’s go,” Derek said.