Chapter 2

(Y/N P.O.V)
The smell inside the house was overwhelming, I've never smelt anything this bad before and It made me wonder how long this man had been in here for. I instantly covered my nose and mouth with my arm.

"Ugh, that smell" I mumbled into my sleeve.

"Was even worse before we opened the windows..."

I couldn't help but gag as we rounded the corner, my eyes glued on the body that was on the floor.

"Jesus..." I looked around the room, trying to decide where to start.

The room was a mess, furniture was toppled over, garbage was piled up in some corners, the floors were cluttered with soda cans, papers and more garbage. It made me wonder how anyone could've lived in this mess.

"The victims' names Carlos Ortiz. He has a record for theft and aggravated assault" We all walked over to the body as Detective Ben explained the situation.

We all stood around listening to him, everyone was eyeing the room and dead body.

"According to the neighbours, he was kind of a loner... stayed inside most of the time, they hardly ever saw him"

I watched as Hank crouched down to look at the body "Jesus, state he's in... wasn't worth calling everybody out in the middle of the night"

"It's good that we're doing this now, I couldn't imagine leaving a dead body like this for any longer" my voice was muffled, do to my arm covering my nose and mouth.

Hank stood up and started talking to Ben, I stood for a few minutes looking at the dead body. It made me feel upset that this man had nobody to check in on him, it seemed like nobody cared for him. I frowned as I turned away from the body, taking another look around the room. I uncovered my nose and mouth, the smell was slowly leaving due to the open windows.

As Hank and Ben continued to talk, I started walking around the room. My eyes went to the TV, which was surrounded by more junk.

My eyes immediately went to the little baggie that had the contents spilled, judging by the colour of the stuff I knew it was Red Ice. I had no idea why anyone would want to do drugs. He must've been so alone that he used them for comfort.

"Of course he was using drugs..guess he liked to party" sighed as I stood up, bumping into someone behind me.

"Sorry!" I turned around and was met with brown eyes looking down at me.

"I can confirm, that is Red Ice"

"Thanks, Connor" I smiled and he nodded.

It was a bit creepy that he was standing behind me like that, but I guess he's only trying to help.

I walked into a different part of the house, there was a desk with books stacked on it, along with a cabinet on the corner. There was also a doorway leading into what looks like the kitchen, and like the other room, garbage littered the floor.

I walked over to a cabinet in the corner and opened it, finding nothing that would be useful. Just more junk and garbage, along with some clothing. This guy must've never cleaned this house at all. It makes me wonder what his android was designed to do because it definitely wasn't cleaning.

I closed it and turned around, just in time to see Connor touching what appeared to be dried blood on the ground. My eyes widened when he brought his fingers to his mouth.

"Connor! What the hell are you doing?" I quickly walked over to him, concerned that he would get some sort of disease from licking blood from the floor. That cannot be healthy for anyone, including androids.