Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Grace’s POV

            I followed Liam outside so we could have our talk. He led me to the van and even opened up the passenger seat for me. I muttered a “thank you” and he shut the door. I put my seatbelt on and got ready for an awkward car ride. He started the van and we cruised down the road for a while. I was the first one to speak.

“So where are we going?” I asked.

“To the park,” He responded.

“Oh, why?”

“I don’t know. I just thought it would be a good place to talk about…what happened,” Liam said.

I didn’t say anything else until we finally reached the park. I got out and ran excitedly to the swings. Liam chuckled at me as I acted like a child. He sat on the swing to my left and just looked at me.

“I just wanted to apologize for everything I said. I didn’t mean it at all. I was just so frustrated,” Liam said.

“It’s okay. I am kind of clingy…”

“No you’re not. Please just forget about whatever I said. I think you’re perfect for Harry and I’m glad he has you.”

“Thanks Liam.”

He just nodded his head. We swung in unison together for a while until I noticed a familiar figure walking up this way.

“Hey Liam, is that Louis?” I asked as I stood up to get a closer look.

“Yeah, let’s go see what he’s doing.”

Liam and I confronted Louis. I immediately knew something was wrong. His eyes were red and puffy and he looked miserable.

“Louis, what’s wrong? Did something happen to Harry?” I asked. My heartbeat quickened.

He nodded his head and enveloped me in a hug. I wrapped my arms around him too and held him as he cried.

Liam stood beside me and scratched the back of his neck.

“Lou, can you tell Li and me what’s wrong?” I asked him.

“It’s just something that Harry said,” He muttered.

“What did he say, Lou?” Liam asked.

“Niall and Zayn were picking on him and stuff and mean words were said… I think I’m gonna go off for a bit and think about things,” Louis murmured.

“What exactly did he say to you?” I asked.

Louis gave me this look that I couldn’t decipher. He looked so sad and it killed me.

“He said at least he’s comfortable in his own skin, unlike me. He also said some pretty nasty things to Niall and Zayn too…” Louis admitted.

“Louis, I’m so sorry. Come back with us. At least talk to Harry. Please? You’re best friends,” I begged him.

“Don’t apologize for someone else’s actions, Grace. I just want to clear my head. I promise I’ll see you again later.”

Louis did not sound like himself. It scared me more than anything, to be honest. Liam and I exchanged worried looks. Liam hugged Louis.

“Bye Liam. I’ll miss you.”

“Just come back soon, okay? Management will have your head if you don’t make it back soon,” Liam said to Louis.