Clean Slate

As a part of the National Guard, the stupidest and least glorious way Fei Chuan could have gone out was through friendly fire. Too bad that was exactly what he did. A whole raid on a terrorist stronghold and Fei Chuan found himself dying in the last five minutes of wrap up, after he had the great honor of taking out the vice commander of the Silveros group. If the cause of his death weren't exactly that incompetent, Fei Chuan might have thought there was a mole in the 34th unit! 

Mu Hongye, Fei Chuan vowed, don't let me see you in my next life or I'll put a bullet through your dumbass head!

It could be the looming and inevitable end, but Fei Chuan felt much calmer than he expected to be. Fei Chuan would probably receive some posthumous honor for his meritorious service, which means his family can rest easy on government benefits. The idiot would of course be severely punished, but anyone could see that it was a mistake and that the idiot's true intention was to help Fei Chuan out of the Silveros lowlifes' ambush following their vice commander's death.

Fei Chuan couldn't find it in himself to be wrathful. Angry, yes, but what could it do? Doctors were too far away to save him from a shot through the gut, so death was the only outcome. And the fight with Vice Commander Sa Long left Fei Chuan with heavy injuries, starting with his whole missing left calf. If by chance Fei Chuan survived this, he'd only be a cripple. Death wasn't too bad of an alternative. 

"Count yourself lucky," Fei Chuan slurred to the fucking idiot bawling over his soon-to-be corpse. "'M not gonna haunt you or something. Just f'x the aim, would'ya?" 

He'd still put a bullet through his head if he ever saw him again, though. Just on principle.