Cryptotrappers- Relocation

Monday 16. Today was bright, sunny, and still I couldn't enjoy it because of that damned photo. That awful bite marks. That bisected Kraken. Unfounded internet research told me that a Kraken was suggested to be 30 metres long and 4000 pounds, which hardly put me at ease. I looked into mythology, of the Lyngbakr and Hafgufa. I researched The Bloop and the Megalodon, fictional kaiju and the Colossal Squid, and the Roc and the Leviathan, and other even larger Kraken. Nothing that I could find explained it. It was then I received something unexpected. A text from my boss.
'Pack everything. The agency is moving abroad for a fortnight. The main facility is undergoing renovations, therefore this will be a classic boat trip. Most cryptids will be brought with us whilst renovations are happening and everything will be temporarily moved to a secret secondary facility. All agents will be moved into temporary accommodation during the stay and excuse notes have been provided for schools if necessary. We hope you all a safe trip over!'

That was an unexpected message, but I was fairly excited. I rushed up and packed clothes, toiletries, a few essentials and gear for Seth, arriving at my work extra early to prepare. By the time I had arrived, a fair few of the cryptids had already been moved by Eva, Sid and Randy, who seemed to also have gotten the memo of arriving early.
"So obviously, we can't take everything and everyone. Gambo, the Dragon and our pair of Hydras are far too large and temperamental, and the Jinmenju is unwise to move. I've set up a care plan for them whilst we're gone. People we can trust, I'll assure you of that . Otherwise, we can take most of them. Go be a dear and grab Alexis, would you?"

It took the good part of the morning but eventually we were all set, and everything was loaded into an armada of moving trucks. Lucy came about an hour after I arrived, which sped up the process somewhat. I could only assume work would continue as per usual, but without the teleporter we would be fairly limited, right? It would need to be somewhere that's an absolute cryptid hotspot. I got in my own car and followed Sid and Randy to the coordinates Eva had given us. Not too close; I really didn't want to have my car lumped in with theirs. Eventually, after about an hour of driving, we reached a secluded little port with what I can only describe as an aircraft carrier, which we boarded and parked our respective vehicles. The moving trucks came soon after and we spent about another hour and a half loading crates and crates of cryptids and gear into the storage area. At around three o'clock in the afternoon our ship set sail for our mystery destination.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is Captain Eva speaking! We are travelling across the North Sea briefly for a rest stop at Norway. This modified engine can get us there in fifteen hours, so we will arrive at approximately 6AM UK time. That will be the end of my captaining, so be up sharp. If we stick to schedule, we should arrive at our destination by 11AM UK time, or about 8PM their time. Plenty of time to settle in and have a look around. So how about we begin our cruise! And just because we're on a ship doesn't mean your duties vanish, there's still Cryptid care to attend to. So make yourselves busy, sleep early and I will see you all when the sun rises!"
Work was fairly slow that day. The deck had relentless sun and even the corridors below were stuffy. We couldn't stop to swim at our speed, so we finished our duties quickly and spent most of the evening in our cabins. Due to solar panels, power was no issue, so I spent the evening with a fan on. It was around 9PM when I finally turned off the light, got under the covers and fell asleep.

It was already around 6AM when I woke, so I quickly got dressed, gave Seth a rub and reported to the deck. Though I was disheartened to find that I was the last awake, I was still on time, and I could see the Norwegian coast on the horizon.
"Glad to see you're up, Exo! So here's why we've stopped. Up there is the mouth of the Poregrunnselva, which leads all the way up to Seljordsvatnet. If I've worked around migratory patterns correctly, this is how we make a days journey take five hours. I've prepared a harness based on the Co-Operative Monster Eel Trap that we can attach to an enormous lake serpent located in this area, the Seljordsormen, or Selma. If we direct it towards the route we want to take it can pull us at speeds of 120 knots, getting us to our destination in a quarter of the time. Now that Exo is up, we can proceed."
So my job was to harness a big lake snake to take us halfway around the world in five hours instead of twenty. That seemed, honestly, like a very good way to become a meal. But unlike most fast food or retail employees, I actually do get paid enough for this crap, so all I could do was slap on some quick Scuba gear and prepare to plunge.