Chapter 82

Hey...
I apologize for my half-dead state from the begging of the chapter.
Your author is fucking heartbroken.
I'll try not to let it affect the chapter.
Love you...
Enjoy!

******

"Gabby I'm scared!" Dina muttered as she wrapped her small arms around my neck. I tightened my hold on her as I shivered from the cold.

"It's okay, Din. Alex will be back soon" I whispered in hope. I was praying to God for him to just return. I would do anything. Give everything I have just to have my brother back safely. The strong wind blew against the cheap windows. The heil was making banging sounds and Dina was whimpering in fright. 

I ran my fingers up and down her back, trying to calm her down. She was just a child. She did not deserve to go through this. She did not deserve to be in the streets. To be away from her family. She was supposed to be playing and enjoying life and here she was sitting next to me, praying for our brother to return home. 

"What if Alex is hurt?" She asked me innocently. I clenched my jaw, trying to keep myself strong for her. 

"Alex will be back very soon, Din. I promise that everything is going to be alright. Let's get you to sleep" I whispered as I stood up, clutching her closer to my chest. I walked towards the small bedroom and put Dina on the queen-sized bed. She snuggled up close to me and started to sniff. 

"Shh," I told her as I caressed her face. I pulled her dark curls away from her face and cupped her cheek. 

"Can you tell me a story?" She asked me, making me nod. 

"There was a very beautiful girl" I started. 

"The girl met a prince. The prince was cruel and evil. Everyone was afraid of the prince. No one wanted to be next to him. The prince was said to be a heartless monster and the girl also feared him" I said, making Dina frown. 

"But was the prince actually mean?" She asked me. 

"Yes. The prince was very mean. He was scary and angry. But the girl knew that the prince wasn't actually so bad. She wanted to be friends with him" I said randomly, making her smile. 

"The prince wasn't mean to the girl. He was very kind and caring even though no one else knew about it" I said. 

"The girl was the prince's-" I wanted to say something when she beat me to it. 

"Princess. She was prince's princess"  She said through a small yawn, making me smile. 

"Yes. She was his princess" I smiled as her eyes began to drop. 

"What happened after?" She asked me quietly.

"They fell in love. Got married and had a lot of babies" I whispered as I looked at the small smile on her face. Her eyes closed and I knew she was asleep. I put on the blanket on her small body and kissed her forehead. Slowly, I got off the bed and closed the door as I walked back to the living room. 

It was already one am and he wasn't home. My gut was telling me that something was wrong with Alex. I started to pace around the living room, waiting for my brother to arrive. My insides were turning and I felt like I was going to be sick soon. 

It was around three am when I heard footsteps next to our door. My heart did a backflip and I tried not to panic. I heard the fumbling of the keys as Alex slowly opened the door. I jumped up from the worn out couch as I ran to the door. Finally, he came in as he pushed the door shut. 

I felt my stomach drop at the sight of him. The handsome face of my twin brother was completely bruised and bloodied. His shirt was missing and I could see the dark-colored bruises on his ribs and on his stomach. I gasped as I saw him and ran up to him. 

"Oh, my God, Alex! What happened? What have you gotten yourself into?" I whisper yelled as the tears fell from my eyes. He collapsed on his knees and I shrieked in fear. I fell on my knees as I got my hands on his face and tried to calm him down without dying of a heart attack myself. 

"Oh, my God. Oh, my God! What have you done? Come on sit up! I'll get you cleaned up" I muttered as I got my hands on his shoulders and tried to get him up. He flinched in pain and I frowned. 

"I'm fine" He managed to breath out as I got him to sit down on the couch. 

"Don't lie to me!" I said as I took out the first aid kit and began to wash to cuts on his face. He was panting in pain and I felt my eyes watering. 

"Here's the money," He said as he took out six hundred euros from his back pocket. 

"It wasn't worth it, Al. This fucking money wasn't worth you getting into this state" I shook my head as I continued taking care of his injuries. 

"You aren't going out of the house anymore. No more fighting for you, Alex. I won't let that happen" I swore, making him glare at me. 

"Gabby you can't forbid me from doing what I do," He said through the pain. 

"Watch me, Alex. From now on it's my responsibility to take care of us," I said. I had already made up my mind. Nothing was going to change it. 

"Give me three days, Gabby. I'll be fine. Promise me you won't do anything" He made me promise. I would stay with him for three days and then I would do anything in my power to help them. We all knew he wouldn't get better in three days.

"Okay, Alex. I'll give you three days" I promised. But I will do what I have to after this three days are over. I swear.