09

Chapter Nine | We're Playing Football

After leaving the cafe with Micah, I went home with butterflies in my stomach. It wasn't usual for guys to have this affect on me, but there was something about him that made my cheeks heat up and my nipples hard. It's weird, honestly.

Now it's passed midnight and I'm still up.

I can't sleep.

Or rather, won't sleep.

I know that if I just tried I'd probably be out like a light in a matter of seconds. I had a long day of classes and the whole thing with Micah, I should be out like a light, but when my head hit the pillow instead of fallling asleep immediately like I had assumed I would, my brain decided that none of that would happening tonight.

And now it's three hours later and I stare at the ceiling wondering why my brain would betray me like this. I'm exhausted, I really am. And I have a pounding headache that I know would be alleviated if I just went to fucking sleep.

I looked over to my nightstand to see my phone flashing. My brows furrowed, how the fuck is calling me at this late at night?

I immediately jumped up. Micah.

Why is he calling me so late? Fuck it, at least he's calling. I grabbed the phone to see it was an unknown number FaceTiming me. I frowned.

Who the fuck is this?

I hesitate answer the call, but not before pressing my thumb over my front camera so the person couldn't see me but I can see them.

       "About damn time you answered." Declan's deep voice ranged from the other line. I quickly removed my thumb and sent him a look. "What the- how the fuck did you get my number?" I questioned.

Declan smiled in the camera, showing his pearly whites. "I have my ways," He snorted. "Dang, you don't want to have your number, you don't want me to be your partner? What's the problem!"

       "You're my problem!" I growled at him.

Declan shook his head. "Anyways, I didn't call to argue with you. I called because I need you to watch little Bartholomew for me tomorrow night. We're playing against Brookdale and you know, I'm gonna be on the field."