Chapter||32

New cover?????? Comment if you like ((;

Editing in process:: some changes were made in the story so feel free to look back at them.
((—Lexi's dad doesn't know that Jace and Lexi are dating.
— Jace is going to Duke for college))

______________________

I woke up to the feeling of Jace kissing my forehead. "Good morning, beautiful" He whispered in my ear, which sent shivers down my spine.

"Good morning," I whispered back. I tried to get out of his bed, but I realized that Jace had his arms wrapped around me. The more I attempted to get out of his restraints, the tighter his grip around me got, "Where do you think you're going?" Jace asked in an almost seductive tone.

"I have to wake up the kids, and make breakfast. Cal has lacrosse at 9, and Hal has a soccer game at 10:30..." I was cut off by Jace's lips crashing into mine. Before I knew it, I was straddling him.

We were interrupted by a knock on the door. Which caused us to pull away from each other. Without waiting, the door swung open.

I quickly jumped off of Jace's lap as Cal walked into the room.

"What the hell?" Jace yelled, clearly annoyed.

"When you guys are done in here, I need a ride to lacrosse," Cal snickered.

"Of course," I said and stood up. Jace threw a shoe at Cal and nailed him in the stomach. "Ouch," Cal yelled as he ran out of the room to avoid another.

"Ok I have to go drop off Cal, but I'll be back to go to Hallie's game?" I had asked, but instead of answering, Jace grabbed me by the waist and I ended back up on his lap. "I'll miss you," He whispered between kissing my neck.

"Jace..." I moaned as he made his way up to my lips.

Finally, I pulled away. "Bye Jace," I smirked and ran out before he said anything else.

...

"So how are you holding up?" I finally asked Cal after we had been driving for a few minutes in silence.

"I'm doing fine," He sighed. "That was nothing unusual. Jace and Dad are always getting into fights, and honestly last night was one of the more peaceful ones I've seen."

"What happens in a non peaceful fight?" I asked without thinking.

"Uhh,... Well one time Jace ended up with a broken nose, but..." Cal started.

"Your father hit Jace?" I exclaimed.

"That was just the worst fight," Cal assured me, like it was normal for a father and son to start fighting like that every time they interact.

We both kept silent until I pulled up at the high school where Cal would be practicing. Before he got out of the car, I asked, "Do you have a ride home from practice?"

"Yeah my friend Sammy's mom is going to take me home like usual," He responded and then smiled "Bye Lex." with that he practically ran out of the car.

I then rushed back to the house to get Hallie ready for soccer. I walked through the front door only to find Hallie sitting at the dining room with Jace, eating cereal.

"We have to leave in like 15 minutes, are you almost ready to go?" I asked them both.

"Yup, we're ready to go," Jace said triumphantly, obviously proud of himself for stepping up.

We left the house in a hurry as we headed towards the soccer felid where Hallie would play her game.

When we arrived, Hallie ran over to her little friends and they started screaming about something. I rolled my eyes when Jace put his arm around me as we walked over to the field.

...

Hallie's game was a blur. There was just so much crying, fighting, little kids sitting down on the field while they were supposed to be playing.

When the game was over I was relieved to go home. We all piled into the car once again and made our way back home.

Jace unlocked the front door and we all walked into the house. "Cal got dropped home by his friend, so he must be in his room," I told Jace, while Hallie scurried up the stairs to take a shower.

We sat there in silence for a few minutes when I finally spoke up, "Are we ok Jace?"

"What do you mean?" He answered bluntly.

"Well we've been in a rough place since you heard from your dad, and I was just wondering if you and I are ok."

"Oh, this is about our relationship status," he said smartly.

When I didn't answer he spoke again. "I love you and you love me," he said simply but continued to explain "I don't wanna marry you right now, but I know that I want to be together. Go to Europe and have he best summer of your life, but you better believe that when you come back, I'll be right here waiting."

I walked over to Jace and wrapped my arms around him. "You've changed."

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked skeptically.

"I mean, if someone were to tell me that I would fall in love with Jace Johnson a month ago, I would have never believed them.... but now...."

"Ouch" Jace said trying to hide a smile, "I wasn't that bad."

I laughed as we continued to hold each other.

"Lex?"

"Hmm," I responded.

"I know this isn't a big fancy promposal, but will you go to prom with me?" He asked, looking into my eyes.

"I would love to Jace," I said with a huge smile. Senior prom was gonna be the best one yet.