e p i l o g u e

TEN YEARS LATER
________

"Adira!" I called out to my daughter.

"What mommy?" She stopped running through the grass and turned to look at me.

"Don't go too far please, stay where we can see you,"

"Okay mommy,"

"You're so over protective of her," Anakin commented, smirking at me as he ate his sandwich.

"I hope for your sake that you're joking,"

"Of course I am baby, calm down," he laughed, leaning forwards to kiss me.

I rolled my eyes playfully and turned my attention to unpacking the rest of the food from the basket.

"You know, you should have retired years ago," Anakin spoke up, looking out at the open fields of Naboo, "it's beautiful here."

"Well of course it is, it's Naboo,"

"Remember when we had our first date here?" He turned his attention back to me.

"I wouldn't consider that a date Anakin, but yes, I do remember," I laughed at the memory.

"That was the day I made you mine," he said more seriously, staring me in the eyes.

I smiled back at him, touched by his romance that never seemed to fade after years of marriage.

"Mommy! Mommy! Look!" Adira bounded over to us and sat down on her knees, "it's a flower as pretty as you."

She held out a single white floor and smiled at me, her missing teeth only making my heart melt more.

"Aww thank you baby," I cooed, pulling her into my lap, "but this flower matches your beauty much more."

I placed the flower just behind her ear, her dark brown hair keeping it in place.

"Thank you mommy," she turned in my arms to kiss my cheek before running off again.

I watched her run off to another patch of flowers and pick one, running back to us.

"Here mommy, now we can match," she placed a white flower identical to hers behind my ear, smiling at me.

"Look daddy, doesn't mommy look beautiful?"

"She always does," he said softly, "that's where you get your beauty from love."

He moved to pull her into his lap, grabbing her food from inside the basket.

I looked at my family, my wonderful husband and my beautiful daughter, and wondered how things could have gone differently.

But I decided not to dwell on what if's, I didn't need them, everything I needed was right in front of me.

I realized how much love, perseverance, and patience had gone into making it all possible, but most importantly, how much devotion.

_______

A//N: thats it!! The ending of my first completed book here on wattpad, I really hoped you guys enjoyed and maybe down the line I'll make a story featuring Adira.
Thank you all again for reading, commenting, and voting!!💖