Chapter 4:

Chapter 4

( Monica's POV )

That bastard! That's the most insulting words anyone can receive. How dare him choose those monsters rather than this weird mysterious nerd??!

I noticed Alex's eyes darken with extreme emotion. I know this! She closed her eyes and stare at James coldly and hell! I saw him flinch. Actually, i can't take that look. Kanina ng tingnan nya ako ng ganyan ay para akong kakainin ng lupa. I felt useless and a piece of shit! I felt like a trash!

" Fine. Leave "

I shivered.

She turned her back and ask someone to the control room. The buses are ready and heck! From 500 we are down to 150!

Even the buses can't occupy them. Some of them will use their cars. I sighed. I don't know what to do. I called my parents and they are safe. They cried and promised to rescue me. The government wont let them get me. They will go to outside the country to get help. I trust them

I look around and search for Alex. She's gone. Iniwan ko sila at pumunta sa rooftop. She's always there.

I found her. With Maegan.

Nilingon ko si Alex at tahimik lang itong naka tingin sa baba. She's looking at them. I can't read her.

She sighed. And my eyes widen.

She's freaking worried at them! Now that i noticed. She did her best telling us even before the media, just to save us. My God! We don't watch news! We don't have cellphone during schooldays . Kung hindi dahil sa kanya, hanggang ngayon wala pa din kaming alam! She saved us. I need to tell everyone that she's trying to to save us.

But it's too late. It's been decided and the damage on Alex has been done.

Sumilip sya sa telescope. Naka tutok ito sa syudad. Even from here, i can see the smoke. There's a fire and explosion.

" fuck! " i heard her cursed. She's pacing back and forth. " can't you do something? Tell them not to leave? " she asked us and that made me admire her more.

" let them. It's their choice " Maegan said without batting an eye. She's right.

" but, they will die "

Nakaramdam ako ng inis pero hindi kay Alex kundi para sa mga taong iniisip nya.

" maybe yes, maybe no. We don't know Alex. Some of them will survive, trust them. They are not weak. May sarili silang pag iisip. "

She looked at me and smiled.

" you're right. Some of them will survive. - by the way, you did a good job. I knew it, you're the right person for that job.  I can't believe you just said those! "

Wow! I was praised!

Whatever!

" i-i just think that's the right thing to say "

" hell yeah! " naka ngising sabi nito.

Kanina pa ako may napapansin.

" ganyan ka ba talaga? I thought you're bulol? "

I choked myself when Maegan asked that.

" Hahahaha! " she laughed which made us look at each other.

" what's funny " maegan asked

" i was just pretending. You can't expect some nerd acting tough right? "

" why? " i asked confuse. She just shrugged and pat her jeans to remove some dust.

" to try something new i guess?? Look, my reason is childish so don't concern yourself about it. I was bored and decided to cross a different path. I just want to have fun "