Chapter 16

Rachel’s POV

“Hey there, Rockstar. By the guitar on your back, I’m assuming you’re beginning recording today?” I said to Alex as he boarded the train with his guitar. I couldn't believe that he was going to be recording in the studio that I worked at. I wonder who booked them in and with which producer.

“Yep and the guys are meeting me there. I’m so stoked.”

We had a pretty quiet ride, until my stop rolled around.

“So I’ll see you later then?” I asked him, pretending not to know where the studio was.

“Actually, I guess you’ll get to see more of me today than usual. I’m getting off at this stop too!” he happily said to me, exiting the train beside me.

“You have nooo idea.” I mumbled under my breath.

——————

We had continued our walk and were getting close to the studio. Boy I couldn't wait to see the look on his face when he finds out that I work there!

“Hey, since you haven't left to go anywhere by now, I realized that I never asked you where you work. Where exactly do you work, Rachel?”

I grinned at him and laughed to myself, “you’ll find out sooner or later.”

“Hmm, mysterious.” 

——————

“Okay seriously! Are you just following me to the studio because you're some sort of super secret All Time Low super fan?!” Alex said to me in a joking tone while I was still walking beside him as we were just about to reach the studio.

“Hey, you don't know me that well, maybe I am!” I said joking back.

We both reached the doors and I sped-walked a little bit to get a few steps in front of him, “so see you after work!” I said to him as I opened the doors and walked inside.

“Wait Rachel, I dont think you can just walk inside!” He said running after me and inside the lobby as well.

Alex’s POV

I didn't know what the hell she was doing! She just walked right in as if she worked there!

“Oh good morning Rachel!” A man behind the desk said to her as she walked inside.

“Mornin’ Brent!” She said back, grabbing some papers off the counter and a coffee mug.

“Um, Rachel?” I said extremely confused.

“Oh right! Did I forget to tell you that I work here?” She said smiling widely.

I must have had a blank stare or a confused expression on my face because she pointed to me and started laughing hard.

She filled me a cup of coffee and handed it over to me. “Yeah, that’s kinda the reason I moved here from Illinois. They offered me a job here and I couldn't turn it down.” 

I was shocked to say the least, but I never knew her job so I guess she could have been anything!

“So does that mean that you’re gonna be helping us out?” I asked curiously, hoping that she would be the one to work with us.

“Not sure yet, I mean, I think you can request a specific engineer, but if you dont, they just pair you up with whoever they think suits you best.”

Please please, let it be her I thought to myself. It would be great if she was the one to work with us.

She walked around the secretary’s counter and looked on a computer screen, scrolling through a schedule “hmm, All Time Low…All Time Low…oh! It looks like you’ve been paired up with Blake. Sorry hotshot, you don't get to spend the day with me” she told me, winking at me afterwards.