Wattpad Original
There are 6 more free parts

Harsh And Sweet

Chapter Four - Harsh And Sweet

Caroline

"And then," I pointed my glass towards Rebekah before gulping down its contents and cringing at the taste, "I ran out of his office."

She was raising her eyebrows every five seconds to force her eyelids open.

"So your day sucked balls," she slurred.

"Yep."

"But you didn't?"

I narrowed my eyes for a moment and opened my mouth to say something, but instead drank another shot.

"I think I need to pee," she muttered while getting up from her bar stool on wobbly feet, then grabbing the counter for balance.

"Do you need me to—"

"Nope." She was already walking away and I shrugged, watching her disappear somewhere in the crowd in the dimly lit room.

I moved my shoulders with the music and sang the lyrics along with the song.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw someone take the seat beside me, but it was only when I felt his eyes on me that I turned my head.

Deep blue eyes stared back at me.

What!?

"No way," I groaned, burying my face in my arms on the bar counter.

Expecting him to be gone, I opened one eye and peeked. But he was still there, watching me in amusement.

"No way am I hallucinating my boss," I slurred while sitting up straight and blinking furiously.

"Hello, Caroline." He spoke in that deep, sexy voice of his that made my stomach flip.

"Are you real?" I blinked again, not realizing how stupid I must look while doing that.

"Nope."

"Am I really...hallucinating you?" I frowned.

"You can only hallucinate someone if you're thinking about them. So I don't know. You tell me."

I looked down at the glass and almost lifted it up to my lips, but it was pulled away. My eyes followed it on the counter as my boss held it, circled his finger on its salty rim, then lifted his finger to his lips.

That was so sexy.

"It's possible," my gaze matched with his, "that I'm hallucinating you."

"Why?"

"Because you've been on my mind all day."

The corners of his lips lifted up into a smile. "I have?"

I nodded, reaching for the glass, but he was quick in gulping down my drink.

He gave me a lopsided smile while sliding the glass back in my direction. "I think you've had enough, love."

My heart skipped a beat when he called me that. He's definitely not real.

"Are you here for your...blazer? I don't have it right now."

A deep chuckle reverberated from his throat. "No, I'm not here for that."

"Oh."

"I'm here because I'm curious," he said and I rubbed my eyes to keep them open.

"About what?" I muttered.

He crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the counter, smiling in a way that could melt my insides.