Chapter One

AUTHORS NOTE

AUTHORS NOTE

Hello! Just letting any new readers know that I am currently in the process of re-writing the earlier chapters of this book as I am not happy with sixteen-year-old me's writing! So far I have only rewritten chapters 1-3, so after that the quality drops a bit before it gets better again. Just in case anyone is confused lmao.

CHAPTER ONE

Nylah Odinsdottir was your average teenager, if you look past the mere fact that she is an Asgardian princess, thousands of years older than the 'average Midgardian teenager'. However, living a life such as hers was not all sunshine, rainbows and pure happiness. Young Nylah was forced to grow up earlier than most children her age with all the trauma endured by simply being the daughter of a king. All the pain and suffering she faced after losing her mother and her brother, she was forced to act if it had not pained her to lose the two people she loved the most. She was raised to be the glue of the family and the entirety of her kingdom from the moment she was born; which had only made sense, seeing as she was born as the Goddess of Healing.

But being the Goddess of Healing came at a price that her father ignored, that her family had not noticed. She shielded her pain behind close doors in the comfort of her bedroom, where no one would care to wander in. She cried herself to sleep most nights after Loki's death, losing her mother was enough to sadden her, but losing her brother was too much. Thor grieved too, so did Odin, but they all seemed to shield their pain. Perhaps it was the way they were raised. But it had no changed the fact that her family was crumbing, and she was unsure of how to save it.

She deeply missed Loki, and that made it difficult to get out of her bed and fix her family most days. Her bond with her brothers was stronger than most, and it hurt her like hell the day her brother died. The very moment she found him lying lifelessly in Thor's arms, eyes cloudy and face pale, another piece of her soul faded away. She felt as though she failed at being a princess again - at being a Goddess of Healing. Her world was crumbling around her and she was desperate for something to heal her for a change...

But being a Goddess of Healing, she had the ability to heal everything around her.

Except herself.

P R E S E N T D A Y
2 0 1 7

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz.

Nylah cleared her throat politely to break the silence in the grey glassy-like office she was seated in. Happy, a man who was rather not happy at all, was sat opposite to her in his own desk chair. Their eyes darted down to the strange device that vibrated annoyingly against the glass desk, the light from the device adding some dim light into the dark room. 'Tony Stark, Boss' appeared in bold letters on the device as a sigh of relief escaped Happy's throat, his chubby fingers reaching for the device as he pressed a button. She recognised the name on the device, and that was for a reason. She had been sent here to help Tony Stark, though she was yet to learn why, she it was killing her.