Natalie & Cade [2]

It is stuck in every woman's subconscious that they way they look; their body, their skin, eyes and everything else are never sexy enough. They don't feel appealing to a man.

It is one of the misunderstood thoughts that some women think of why they are still single.

But virginity...

The guarded treasure, pureness... the thing girls care about very much. Or they did some time ago. As times changed, so did the understanding about yourself. How to value what you have and never take it for granted!

Girls these-days see how men around them show interest in them, but what they don't see is the animal instinct; the need for sexual activity. Virginity is tossed toward the man who comes on to you first.

For Natalie's case, the reason she was still a virgin, was that she just hadn't found the right man yet. Her pureness was a treasure, too valuable. For safekeeping and in no case irrelevant to her.

4 hours earlier

"I arranged a blind date for you!"

Natalie's mom yelled from the kitchen while making dinner.

"What?"

"I set up a date for you."

"Yes, I understand that but why?" She asked, taking the remote and switching off the television. 

Natalie had just come home after her graduation. Her father was never around, so she was the one taking care of her mother.

"You'll love him. He works for the police academy. A nice guy, with good salary and manners. He is dying to meet you."

Unbelievable - she thought.

Just a couple of months back, she had done the same thing and promised her a great night out but all she got was bruises on her back and drenched clothes.

"Didn't I tell you to not set me up with anyone ever again?"

"Oh darling, you are 24 years old. It's time to find someone."

Natalie walked into the kitchen and found her mom chopping fruit for a salad. Her curly blond hair was set up in a bun, few strands falling to frame her face.

"Does age define where I should be with my life right now? In a relationship?" 

She huffed out a breath, annoyed.

"No baby girl, but everyone needs someone beside them." Her mom set the knife aside and wiped her hands in a towel. "Just go meet him. If he's not your taste, then fine, I give up."

From time to time, her mother had arranged some dates for her with young guys she met at the supermarket or with the sons of her good friends. The end results were always the same - hungry for sex males staring at her with wide eyes as she told them no. She never had sex on the first date, and since she still was a virgin, she didn't intend to give up her virginity to a guy she barely knew.

They expected her to drop her clothes at the mention of hot sweaty lovemaking. That made her laugh at them instead. So, soon after hitting the same wall all over again, Natalie gave up at finding a man through the connections her mother set.

"This is the last time. If he turns out to be same as others, I'm calling it quits." She said, giving her mother one last chance to find her a man.