Chapter 5: Lost Shirt

The Next Day

Lucy POV

I walk into the construction and see Erza, Natsu, and Gray at the bar talking to Mirajane.

Erza: "I bet neither comes in before 3."

Gray: "I bet neither comes in."

Natsu: "I bet Cana brags about what she did to him within the first 10 minutes."

Lucy: "Are you guys seriously making bets about M/N and Cana?" As if on cue, I hear M/N groan. He walks over and his head drops onto the table. He looked exhausted.

Erza: "Did it work, did you sleep last night?" He shakes his head.

You: "How was I supposed to...? Not with that monster all over me." His body shakes in fear, and a few minutes later Cana walks in.

Cana: "Man, besides being a little sore you know where, I feel great!" She says walking up to M/N. "Thanks for last night M/N." She says rubbing his head. He gives her a lazy smile and thumbs up.

You: "No problem..."

Cana: "Good, then you can again sometimes." O_O M/N's face was one of pure horror.

Lucy: "What did you do to him?" She smirks and turns around.

Cana: "The question is what didn't I do to him."

Erza: "You poor thing."

You: "All I wanted was a nice, quiet person to sleep with. Because I'm absolutely exhausted..."

Natsu: "I'll help ya buddy! Nice and quiet huh...?" Please... please... "I got it! Nice and quiet! Levy! Bookworm and she's nice!"

Jet: "Never!"

Droy: "No Way!"

Natsu: "Come on guys. It's to help out M/N."

Jet/Droy: "NO!"

Natsu: "Ok, plan B! Lucy!" He turns to me. I feel my face heat up. "She's really nice, but not super quiet."

Lucy: "Hey! What's that supposed to mean?!"

Natsu: "See, a bit loud, but you'll be sleeping, so you'll be fine. I highly doubt she's loud in her sleep, unless you snore?"

Lucy: "I'm a proper woman I don't snore!"

You: "Forget it." He says waving his hand. "I'm not going to force someone to. I'll be fine guys, really." But, as he says that, one of the veins grows a bit. The White one grows up onto his elbow. "Ah man. Come on... Really? Shrink back down right now!" When that doesn't work he lets his head drop back down to the table. "I hate my life." Well... I guess it wouldn't hurt...

Lucy: "Ok." They all look over to me. M/N slowly rolls his head over on the table to look at me. "Come on M/N." I hold out my hand. He raises a brow and looks between my hand and me.

You: "You sure?" I nod, feeling my face become red. He takes my hand and I rush out. Once we're back at my place he takes off his shirt, but as he does, I couldn't help but notice, all of those scars... I didn't even realize I was tracing them until he turned his head back. "I could tell you about the stories if you want, some are pretty cool... Others... not so much..." He flops down onto the bed. I lie down next to him. "So these ones." He says pointing to a group of small rectangular scars that formed a U shape. "These are some of the oldest. From a dragon."

Lucy: "Really? Was it Igneel?" He shakes his head.

You: "Nope, Metalicana, we weren't fans of each other to say the least, those teeth really dig in... Then we've got these." He points to about 10 different long and skinny scars all running at different angles across his upper and mid back. They were some of the most noticeable ones. "The people who made me hunted me down, and they were not happy. They knew I could heal, so, they made a metallic whip and it had some kind of anti-magic acid stuff on it. It stung like hell. But it wasn't even near the worst pain."