Chapter 7

Harry’s POV

“You can’t just leave” Louis has been bothering me for the past couple of days since I mentioned that I am leaving town in a few days. “I have to”

It’s true that I have to leave but I just don’t want to. When I went and saw Melissa on Friday night, I had to lie to her saying that it was all a mistake. It wasn’t but I don’t want to stand in between her and her brother. I knew exactly what would’ve happened if Danny found out and I was correct, he got all protective and beat me up.

“You were assigned to Brooklyn for a reason, you can’t leave” he’s right. I was assigned to stay here in Brooklyn and help protect Melissa.

I ignored him as I continued to pack my bags. “Why are you leaving in the first place?” I folded up one of my shirts and put it in the bag “to protect her” I heard Louis scoff and I just rolled my eyes

Protect her. If you leave she wouldn’t be protected.” I sighed and sat on the end of the bed “there is a psycho murderer out there after her and if the rumour is true, he could be in New York right now and leaving town now would leave less protection on her”

“What’s going on in here?” I looked up as Niall walked into the room “Harry here is planning on leaving town because he fell in love with a girl he cannot have” I sent him a glare which he smiled at “Melissa?” Louis nodded his head.

“I told you not to go for her” before I could snap at Niall my phone went off. I took it out of my pocket without checking who was calling.

“Hello?”

No one answered but I could hear the busy streets and some heavy breathing. “hello?” I spoke again but this time someone spoke up “H-Harry” I sat up straighter “Melissa?” Niall rolled his eyes and mouthed something to Louis which I think I wasn’t supposed to see but I did. He mouthed; he’s whipped.

“Harry I-I...” he sounded like she was running by the way she tried to get her words out “Mel what’s wrong?” this caught both Louis and Niall’s attention. They both looked serious as they watched me on the phone “Danny called and told me to c-call you” before I could talk she spoke up “he said that ‘he found us’ and the line went dead”

I shot up from the bed and got Louis and Niall to follow me down the hall “where are you?”

“I’m about a block away from home” I grabbed my jacket and car keys “I’m on my way!”

“Harry what’s wrong?” I slipped my jacket on “he’s found them”

Melissa’s POV

Once I got off the phone to Harry I continued to run down the street. It sounded like Harry knew exactly what I was talking about.

When I rushed over to the table and told Jade and Matt that I had to leave they both looked really concerned but I just told them that something has happened at home and I needed to get home straight away.

I ran round the corner and my street was in sight. I ran across the road avoiding cars which were driving past. I stopped once I was on our driveway. I rested my hands on my knees as I caught my breath. I looked up and saw that Danny’s car was still in the drive but the window and the front door were broken.

I jogged over and walked in. The whole house was a mess. There was glass everywhere. Everywhere I walked I heard the sound of the glass breaking under my boots.

I ran up the stairs “DANNY!” no one answered as I checked every room upstairs. I ran into his room which was even worse than the whole house alone. His stuff was chucked everywhere. His phone was on the floor by his bed and the whole screen is smashed. His white carpet had a patched of blood and I knew already it was Danny’s.

Have you ever had that feeling like you are not the only one in the room?

I have that feeling right now.

My thoughts were correct as I heard movement behind me. At first I thought it was Harry but when I turned around, I was wrong. Stood in front of me was a guy which I don’t recognise. My eyes widened when I saw that he held a knife in his right hand.

He smirk over to me “you took your time getting here”