Ch. 39

The next day we leave to have a late breakfast, because Mya, who I'm starting to think wasn't alone with last night, didn't get up until 9:30. We leave the house around 10:30 and go to a place that is a tradition in The Marshall household. From what I'm told they come here every time they're in town. We are seated quickly and I start reading through the menu as the guys watch the television in the restaurant and start to discuss football. I try to get Mya's attention but she's in her own little world. Finally, I kick her underneath the table. She glances up and rubs her shin, looking at me accusingly.

I give her an irritated look and lean towards her. "So?"

She nods slightly and tries not to smile. "So, yeah."

"Are the omelets any good here?" I ask, inadvertently asking for details about her night with Easton.

She moans, "Absolutely fantastic."

I bounce in my seat excitedly and clap. "Yay!"

Mya gives me a warning look and I realize everyone at the table is looking at me. Trying to play it off I say, "I know what I'm getting." And close my menu.

She leans closer and motions for me to do the same. "He asked me to move in with him."

"He lives in Texas." I state, nervous she will be leaving.

"He's buying a place near Truex." She assures me.

"Are you going to do it?"

She sits back in her chair and nods, smiling happily. "Yes."

"Mya, I think its awesome. Honestly, couldn't be happier for you." Who am I to lecture someone on rushing into things. If it feels right, then thats all that matters.

Her eyes, narrow. "You were never this supportive when I was with Tate."

I shrug, "I must've been very intuitive." I reply, smugly.

"Or now that you're in love you believe in it." She states, knowingly.

I smile, "Or that." I say, agreeing.

Since, we seem to be confiding in each other I tell her, "Truex wants to have a baby." I confess, watching her reaction of glee light up her face.

"And? Am I going to be an aunt?" She asks, loud enough to draw attention.

"Mya!"

"Shit! Sorry!" She yells, "It was an accident."

"You're pregnant?" Kevin asks, excitedly.

"Not yet. Soon though, we hope." Truex answers for me, as I drill holes into Mya's stupid face.

"We hope?" Mya questions, looking at me like I'm unrecognizable.

I let out a long sigh. "Yes, we." I say, to her.

She nods with tears in her eyes, "You'll be a great mom."

"Thank you." I whisper as the waitress comes to take our orders. "By the way if you need any advice about taking a pregnancy test, Truex is your man."

"Oh, yeah?" Take a lot of pregnancy test in your day?" Easton asks, teasingly.

"Its common sense to some people." He smirks, taking a drink of his coffee.

I smile, "To me it wasn't." I admit.

"How did you mess that up?" Mya asks in disbelief.

"I didn't take the cap off." I laugh, just thinking about it is funny.