Fem!Stark!Reader x Brienne of Tarth - Suddenly I See

A/N- This imagine is based on the song "Suddenly I See" by KT Tunstall, and it will just be me praising Brienne of Tarth for being amazing. I hope you enjoy it.

The trail was silent as the three of your trekked along it, no sound but the wind and Brienne's armour clinking as she moved behind you. You were watching as birds took flight to avoid you as you got closer and closer to them. You smiled when one of them fluttered it's wings but stood it's ground, glancing up at you with it's beady eyes. You let out a little chuckle as it bounced closer to you, and stopped in your tracks. It was tiny, so small that there was no way it could be a full grown bird, but it was coming closer and closer, it's curiosity winning out over it's fear.

"Look at him," you murmured, slowly dropping to your knees and holding out a hand to the bird.

"We don't have time to stop for every animal we see," Brienne told you, coming closer and placing a hand on your shoulder. The movement must have startled the bird, because sure enough, it took flight, soaring away from where the two of you were waiting.

You let out a deep sigh, "I only would have been another minute at most," you mumbled, getting to your feet and shrugging off her hand. You glanced up at Pod, who was still staring at the ground, acting as though he hadn't noticed your conversation. You released another sigh before continuing down the trail, kicking at any loose rocks your feet could find. "I just don't understand why you are in such a rush," you muttered, glancing over your shoulder at the knight.

"We need to keep ahead of anyone who may want to bring harm to you," she answered quickly, shrugging when you furrowed your brow, dropping into step beside her.

"But no one is following us, we haven't seen anyone on the trail for days, we would know by now if we were being tracked," you told her, "so what is the rush?"

"My job is to keep you safe, as your mother asked me too, and it is far safer at Winterfell than it is on the road," she muttered softly to you.

"Fine," you huffed slightly, "but once we reach Winterfell you will come with me to the Godswood and you will experience all of the birds and the animals," you told her and she let out a little chuckle.

"If that is what you ask of me, then I would be more than happy to do so," she laughed and you nodded, linking your arm through hers as you continued down the trail.

"There are so many amazing creatures in the Godswood," you started, glancing across her at Pod. "It's where the Direwolves used to hunt," you added, biting the inside of your cheek for a moment as you thought about how quiet it would be without them all bounding around in the tall grass. "They'd always come back with something; rabbits; sparrows; mice. If they weren't such hungry beasts I could have started a menagerie."

"Do you miss it, My Lady," Pod asked you quietly, glancing around Brienne to look at you.

You let out a soft chuckle, "every single day," you uttered, forcing a smile onto your lips, though it didn't quiet reach your wet eyes.

*Time Skip*

"Y/N, go," Brienne growled at you, but you simply shook your head.

"I'm not leaving you," you cried back, watching as she swung her sword at a man in front of her.

"Podrick, take Y/N to Winterfell, it should only be a couple of days walk from here," she yelled and Pod nodded, hurrying towards you and taking your arm.