Story 2.6

"So, what's up?" Lan Youzheng looked at Dirion. They were currently sitting on the edge of the rooftop, admiring the sunset.

A soft breeze went through his black hair as Lan Youzheng got reminded of Xinteng. When Xinteng was upset, he always went to the roof to cool down. However after he got shot, Xinteng was unable to climb any stairs. 'I really ruined his life, didn't I?'

Dirion noticed that his friend slipped in a sad mood, but he was unable to read his face. Lan Youzheng felt his stare and cleared his thoughts. "Sorry, I got distracted." Lan Youzheng gave a small smile to show that he was alright. "If you say so." Dirion decided not to pressure Van. He was sure Van would tell him when he was ready.

"So, what's wrong?" Lan Youzheng closed his eyes and enjoyed the warmth of the evening sun. "Yesterday, I had an assignment," Dirion sighed "and I met Jack." Lan Youzheng slowly turned his head and peaked at the boy. "What did he do?"

"Nothing, he just observed the fight." Dirion said. He tacitly refused to tell Van that after the fight had ended, the vampire had jumped down from the building and had warned him. Dirion felt his anger and frustration rise. How dare that vampire threaten him?

For Dirion, Vance  was his savior. Together with his sister, he lived a sad life in Morgana's house. He knew that Morgana wasn't a nice as she seemed to be, however he needed to protect his sister. Vance made him realize that he could be in control of his own fate. In the end, Vance fulfilled his promise and brought them to the human world, he even made sure they were able to blend in perfectly.

 In the end, Vance fulfilled his promise and brought them to the human world, he even made sure they were able to blend in perfectly

In order to live properly in the human world Vance and his friends needed money. But were they going to get it? They were just children. The overwhelming feeling of helplessness that Dirion felt when he realized they had even less than in the ocean is something he would never forget. It would remind him of Vance's his courage and bravery.

While living in the human world for a few days, the group discovered a few things. First of all, they were able to walk around freely as long as they touched water. Furthermore, they were able to train their bodies to live without water.

Secondly, with help of the royal blood they were able to change into their mer-body, however instead of getting a tail, other parts of their body changed instead increasing their own powers tremendously. Sadly, they were only able to maintain their form only for a short while as the transformation costs a lot of power.

Lastly, they couldn't find or sense other merpeople in the city, except the princess.

When Vance noticed that this city was in complete chaos, he decided to use it as a cover to blend in. He was already used to the dirty underworld as Morgana kindly involved him in dirty schemes when he was working for her. More than often he had taken the lives of other mermen who fought him. When he became the strongest, Morgana wasn't needed anymore as they would line up to fight him.

In the city not only you had to be wary of all the supernatural creatures, but also the hunters, as they recently started to rapidly grow in numbers. Hunters fought and caught monsters for assignments issued by the city council or private individuals.