TWENTY THREE

chapter twenty three;
sweetheart

"WHAT CAN WE DO TO HELP?" Newt asked the boy. Aris pointed at Vince who has Minho, Frypan, Harriet and Sonya surrounding him.

"He needs a coverup" Aris said. Newt nodded and grab a hold of Thalia's hand.

"Okay, come on, Thal" he said. Thalia stopped. "Thal, come on!" he yelled. Thalia shook her head.

"I need to get something first. I need to get my bow and arrow" she yelled. Newt shook his head.

"No. You're coming with me. Vince will give you some guns, come on" he said. Thalia didn't move. Aris stared at his friends impatiently.

"You go first. I promise I'm right behind you" she said. Newt stopped and turned to the girl. He shook his head.

"The last time you said that, you almost got killed. I'm not risking that again. I lost you once, Thal. I'm not gonna lose you again" he said, his eyes staring at her brown ones. Thalia shook her head.

"This time, I promise I'll be there with you. I just need to get my arrows real quick" she said. Newt didn't look convinced. Thalia leaned in and kissed him, and somehow the world around them felt silent. It was as if it was just them in the world. They pulled away and she rested her forehead against his. "I promise" she said. Newt pulled away and nodded.

"Okay. Be careful, Thals" he said as he followed Aris towards Vince. Thalia took one look at the boy before she ran to her left, towards the weaponry tent that Sonya showed her earlier.

A bullet was fired at her but she ducked just in time and it missed. Thalia opened the tent and immediately went to her right where the bow and arrows were. She took a firm grip at the bow and swing the quiver over her shoulders. She ran towards the small opening of the tent, but she stopped as one of the guards was standing in front of it. She turned her back on the tent and waited for the guard either go, or die. One of those things happened and she bolted out of the tent.

Thalia hid behind a truck as she heard more shots were fired. She peeked for a little and shot one of the guards that was trying to shoot a boy. "Go!" Thalia yelled as the boy got up and ran the other way. She glanced to her right where Newt, along with Minho, Frypan, Sonya and Harriet was covering Vince up as he shoot the cannon. She was about to stood up and went over to them when she saw a guard at the corner clicking on a bomb and throwing it towards Vince. "No! Newt!" she yelled that caught Newt's attention as he fell and went paralyzed, electricity surrounding him.

Thalia turned her back against the truck and breathed heavily. She peeked through the truck and guards were coming at them and picked them up one by one. Thalia put her hands over her mouth to stop her from making any noise. Guards were pushing people to the center of the field and making them drop each of their weapons. She saw Newt knelt beside Minho with his hands up in defeat as the other guards pushed Aris and Sonya to the ground. She didn't knew how the guards didn't find her, but they didn't, even until Janson went down the helicopter.

Thalia couldn't hear what Janson said, but it got clearer as she walked slowly towards him. A guard shone his light towards Thalia and she slid under the truck just in time as he walked past her. Thalia got out of the truck and slowly stood up, walking towards Janson. "Where's Thomas?" Janson asked. Thomas came from Thalia's left, holding his hands up in defeat.

"Right here" he said. All attention was now on Thomas. Thomas walked towards Janson with his hands up in defeat as Janson smiled menacingly at him.

"Thomas" he said before he punched Thomas, sending Thomas down on his knees. Thalia shook her head and pulled the bow string. Everyone's attention turned to her, including Janson. "Thalia" he smiled. "What a pleasure to meet you" he said. Guards behind him started to pulled out their guns and pointed it at Thalia. Janson gestured them to lower it down.

"Shut the fuck up, Janson" she spat. "Release them" she said as she walked towards him with her bow and arrow pointed at him. Janson shook his head.

"I'm afraid I can't do that, sweetheart" he smiled. Thalia's hands slipped off the bow string and the arrow landed on a tree right beside Janson's head. A few gasps was heard around her. Janson turned to her and scowled. Thalia's lips curled into a smile.

"Call me that one more time and my arrow won't miss" she said, pulling another arrow out. She glanced towards her friends and they all had a stunned expression on their face, while Aris just smirked. "Trust me, Janson. I never miss" she said. From the corner of her eyes, she could see her friends smiling, that's when she noticed something. Where's Teresa?

"Alright" Janson said. Thalia snapped her head towards his direction. "Shoot her up" he said to one of the guards. He turned around and the guard on his left walked towards her and in a rapid movement, he shot Thalia. Before she had any chance to respond, she fell on the ground as she felt a surge of electricity washed over her.

"Thalia!" Newt yelled. Thalia groaned as one of the guards picked her up and shoved her down beside Thomas. Thalia grunted as her knee crashed the ground. "Are you okay?" Newt asked from her left. Thalia turned to him and gave him a small smile.

"I'm good" she said. Newt didn't look convinced, but his attention shifted as a loud noise was heard all around them. The sudden strong wind blew the sands to Thalia's eyes but she could see a berg landing right in the middle of everyone. She raised her eyebrows at Thomas and he shrugged.

The berg landed and the doors opened. A woman walked out of it, along with a couple other guards. Her hair was slicked back into a bun and her white coat was clean from any dusts and dirt. Thalia knew exactly who she was, and Thalia knew that from the moment she arrived, things aren't gonna end well.

A/N
we gettin closer to the epilogue 👀
stay tuned!!

-h

EDITED
31/05/2019