Chapter 21

"Taehyung..." a voice whispers, shaking my arms slightly. I wince, my eyes still closed as I move in my sleep.

"Taehyung psst...Tae?" The instant I hear my nickname, I snap my eyes open.

"Hyung?" I stare up at the brunette older boy. He gives me a sad smile as I gawk at him, I glance around the room, realising I'm still in Jungkook's room, tied down against the bed.

Unconsciously, my eyes trail over towards the now empty chair across the room, the ropes that were once tied around him now sprawled out against the floor.

No one besides Hoseok and I were in the room. "W-what? How? How did you get out the basement?" I question as he hushes me,

"Shhh you have to be quiet," he whispers, unknotting the ropes around my wrists and ankles.

I break free from the ropes, rubbing at my wrists to ease the pain that engulfed them like handcuffs prior.

That's gonna leave a mark,

"Here." He hands me a white tee, a pair of black boxers, some grey sweats and a large black hoodie. I take them with shaky hands but struggle to put them on due to my body still being in shock from the trauma.

Hoseok notices this so takes it upon himself to help me, he quickly slips the clothes onto me. When he puts my large jumper over my head, I question yet again, "hyung? How are you out of the basement?"

He pauses briefly, glancing away from me before answering, "...I stole the key when they weren't looking."

I was shocked,

Am I finally going to get out of here?

"Come on." Hoseok whispers, but then looks down at my feet before running over to Jungkook's wardrobe, coming back with a pair of socks and some trainers. He slips them on my feet before holding me by my hand.

"Hyung?" I quietly mumble as Hoseok makes an exit for the room, creeping through the dark hallway. My whole lower body was in complete agonising pain yet I try what best I could to ignore it as I waddle like a baby penguin behind Hoseok.

"Hmm?" He hums, peering around a corner to make sure the coast is clear before slowly inching his way towards the staircase.

I chew on my lower lip, staring downwards while I trail behind him, his hand still holding mines, "...it wasn't just Jimin who left all those marks on your body, was it?" I finally look up as I feel Hoseok stiffen, his eyes slowly meeting mines with a sadden expression.

"I'm sorry Tae," I nod my head, holding in the tears, "no, I should be the one apologising."

Hoseok stops briefly before tiptoeing again, "Tae it's not your fault...I was stupid for ever thinking that Jimin was sane, I regret it so much that I ever loved him." He mumbles, his back to me while we reach the bottom of the stairs.

"Quick!" Hoseok whisper-yells, shoving me against a wall while he presses his chest against me, hiding what best he could of me. I couldn't help but blush furiously at our closeness as my cheek is crush up against his shoulder.

We watch two random guys that I presume are part of the gang walk by before hearing one of the many doors shut. Hoseok visibly sighs, moving away from me.

"Come on." He mumbles once he knows the area is clear, my eyes widen as we make our way to the front door.

How can this be so easy? Why didn't we try this before?!?

Hoseok gently slides the door open, "how is this so easy?" I question aloud.

"Huh?" Hoseok stares at me in utter confusion, "how is it so easy for us to just leave? All this time we've been trapped so how?"