Ch. 37

I persuaded Truex to stay in town from longer than he planned. By the time we leave for his fathers house in Ohio, I've pried everything I missed from my siblings and have been flooded with information. The boys have grown so much, I noticed that all three are more like Chris then Alicia. They study hard and have real life plans, that I never even imagined when I was their age.

    "So, you're a lot like your dad?" I ask, Truex. Tired of the silence.

"Yes."

"Do you think he'll like me?"

He looks at me surprised by the question. "Yes, he'll like you."

"You didn't when you first met me." I point out.

He smirks, "I did like you."

I scoff at his lie, but look out the window. "You didn't like me, you just wanted to have sex with me."

"True. What did you think of me? When we first met?" He questions, looking apprehensive.

"I thought you were very interesting. Kinda like a robot, A.I. style." I answer, truthfully. "Then I really started to not like you, but that much you know."

"Thats it? You thought I was interesting?"

I laugh at his incredulous look. "Very, interesting." I correct him. "What did you expect me to say?"

"How good looking you thought I was, that you might've had the same thoughts as I did." He states, trying to get me to admit to something that I never did happen.

I look at him like he's crazy, "What king of thoughts would those be? I didn't even know you. Yes, I thought you were cute, but again you aren't really my type." I reply, defensively. I can see that he's sulking but find it hilarious. "What kind of girl did you think I was?"

He shrugs. "Never mind."

My eyes narrow on him. "If I would've jumped your bones the way all the girls before me did. Would we even be together?" He glares my way briefly before looking back at the road. "I'm serious. I was hard to get, is that the only reason you wanted me?"

"Not even close."

"What was it then?"   

    "It was everything. Everything thing about you I find undeniably sexy."

    "We argued all the time! Thats sexy to you?"

    He smirks, "Yes."

    Now, I know the man isn't playing with a full deck. "Not once, did I know what you were thinking." I say, in complete honesty. "So, What are some of these thoughts that you had?" I ask, mischievously.

    "Use your imagination." He replies, simply.

    "Obviously, I don't have as active of an imagination as you do."

I message Mya and tell her about the meetings of the families, and how they went. As expected she wasn't at all surprised by Alicia's behavior. However, she did talk to her dad and had planned to meet us in Ohio, her plane landed a little over an hour ago, so I am assuming she's already at the house. I can't wait to see how she's doing. I've texted her a few times but we've only talked once. She did sound good on the phone, but in person it can be a whole different story.

We drive through a subdivision with normal well manicured lawns. When Truex turns into a driveway I get excited. I mean Truex was easy enough to make like me, how hard can his father be? Plus, now I have Mya as backup. Truex turns off the car and I see the front door of the house open. I climb out and start to run towards the door, Easton scoops me up in a bear hug. I look behind him as he spins me seeing Mya leaning against the entry of the door.

I laugh, "What are you doing here?"

"Babysittin.'" he replies, putting me down.

"You're really taking this seriously." I tell him, suspiciously.

He grins. "Absolutely, I'm getting paid right?"

"I don't think we discussed pay." I respond, tapping my chin.

"Thats true. I guess I'll just take you for the night. Call it even." He says, just as Truex joins us.

I shake my head, "Nope. That bill can be settled between you and Mya."

He leans down to whisper, "Thats the plan." And pecks my cheek affectionally. I smile up at him, happy that he has an interest in her. Mya needs someone like him, she needs to lighten up and live a little. I love to see her laughing the way she does with him.

Mya comes down to greet us. "So, are you ready to meet the man that created such a perfect creature as myself?" She asks, flipping her hair.

I watch as a tall, broad shouldered man comes down the front steps. No smile, just a blank expression and I instantly fall in love. I walk towards him and smile, giving him a hug. "Its so good to meet you. I'm Briar."

His lips twitch as he looks down at me. "Kevin, its a pleasure." he says.

"Well, I can see where he gets it from." I comment on his height and size. "You play sports, Kevin?"

"I did. Was never as good as Truex, but loved it all the same." He answers, smiling full out now.

"Truex, showed me the journals. I'm sure you had a hand in making him great at what he does. Those took a lot of time and a lot of patience." I gush.

He chuckles. "I just caught a ball a bunch of times, he did all the work."

"Quite being so modest. We all know Truex would be nothing without you." Easton says, joining us along with the Mya and Truex.

"How are you, son?" Kevin says, ignoring Easton's comment and embracing Truex.

"Never been better. Wanna toss the ball around?" Truex, asks holding up a football.

He nods, "Lets."