Chapter 3

(Y/N P.O.V)
I followed Connor to the end of the hallway, Hank got distracted when another detective started talking to him. This hallway wasn't as bad as the other rooms, there was less clutter, and it appeared to be untouched by the fight.

"The trail ends here" Connor announced while still looking down at the floor.

"Where could it have gone?" I questioned while looking around. This was a dead end, it's not like it can walk through walls or anything.

Connor didn't respond, instead, he crouched down to inspect something on the wall. I glanced around and noticed a curtain at the end of the hallway.

I walked over and pulled the curtain open, causing some brooms to fall out and almost whack my face. I stumbled backwards and let out a surprised yell.

"Jesus, stupid brooms" I kicked one as I crossed my arms.

"Are you okay?" I turned around the face Connor who was tilting his head at me, his eyes seemed to have a tiny hint of worry in them. I felt a very tiny blush make its way onto my face.

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine. Just got attacked by some brooms"

Connor started walking back towards the kitchen, leaving me alone. I looked at the wall, noticing the imprint of a ladder. It seemed like a weird place to keep a ladder.

"Hey! What're you doing with that chair?" I looked up the hallway to see Connor carrying a chair towards me.

"I'm going to check something"

I moved aside as he placed the chair down. I looked up and realized there's an attic door above me.

"Huh, when did that get there?"

Connor glanced at me then stood up on the chair, easily pulling himself up into the attic. I climb up after him, definitely not as gracefully.

"Connor? A bit of help, please?" I was halfway into the attic, but it felt like my arms were about to give out.

Connor grabbed my hands and yanked me up within seconds. He made sure I wasn't near the attic door then let go of me.

"I need to start lifting weights or something" I mumbled as I rubbed my wrists, Connor had a tight grip on them.

"Yes, that would be beneficial" he glanced down at my wrists, "I didn't hurt you, did I?"

"No, they're fine" I smiled and he nodded. It was cute when he was concerned about stuff.

I looked away from Connor and spotted a silhouette of a man behind a curtain. I pointed at it and Connor slowly crept up, sticking an arm out to make sure I stayed behind him.

He quickly pulled back the curtains, revealing a mannequin behind it. I let out a breath that I didn't realize I was holding in.

I took out my flashlight and went in front of Connor, slowly searching the attic. Just when it looked like nobody was up here, a person ran from one side of the attic to the other.

My eyes widened as I took a few steps back.

"I guess it really is up here..." I mumbled as we continued onwards.

I climbed over a board and pushed a chair out of the way, creeping towards some boxes.

Suddenly, the deviant dashed out in front of me, Connor grabbed my shoulders and pushed me behind him.

I was about to protest and tell him I could take care of myself, but the deviant started speaking, so I decided to keep quiet

"I was just defending myself..." he looked at us with wide eyes, stricken with fear, "he was gonna kill me"