Ch. 2

"Woodview mountain park." I said as I climbed into the high pick-up truck. 

"A park? Are you sure you don't want me to drop you off at your home?" Dick Grayson said.
I looked at him with a 'are you being serious right now' look.
" Its not like I'll tell anyone your address." He said staring equally back with me a 'you must be joking look'.
"I don't have a home." I stated blandly.
He sympathetically answered back after a long pause "Oh. Do you at least have a parent or someone to look after you?"

My mind was suddenly filled with the the pictures of my dead parents on the floor of the small apartment.

I remembered walking in the door, smelling burnt cookies I ran into the kitchen to see why the precious cookies were being seized with heat.

That's when I found my both of my parents, holding hands on the floor, dead.

"Hello! Anyone home in there?" Dick jokingly said not noticing the broken look to my sea green eyes.

I snapped out of my thoughts, not looking at him, I just couldn't meet his eyes.
"No, I don't."

His tone was full of confusion and remorse. "What do you mean?"
"My parents are dead." I said in an almost inaudible whisper. 

His eyes went wide as my own were brimming with tears.

We had already pulled into the park we were just sitting there talking.
I quickly undid my seat belt and unhitched the locked door basically sprinting out of the vehicle. 

He got out also and started following me saying he was sorry.
That just caused me to run faster.
When I got out of his sight I decided to make my resting spot there, on a dirt trail heading into the woods.

It still felt as someone was watching me I just didn't care to check.
I huddled my legs up to my chest and my emotions decided to roll out of my body.
I fell asleep listening to the sound of coyotes howling their cries and myself howling my own.

I dreamt of more of my recent demigod adventures going back till I was twelve.

Me feeling empty and alone when I figured out my father was a god, myself feeling happy when Grover, Annabeth, and I got stuck in the Lotus Casino, having the time of our lives, and also bad memories, being stuck in tartarus, leaving Bob and Damasen behind, sinking in the quick sand substance in Alaska thinking I would drown there because the prophesy states the daughter of Neptune drowning.

Word count-436