4: Maybe Perfect

Chapter 4

I was currently in my room replaying English class today. You see, when saw that Jett was in my class, I got a tad bit nervous to say the least.

**********************************************

Flashback

When the time for English class arrived, I quickly scurried over to the class. However, when I walked into the class and looked to my normal seat, the back corner seat, I was surprised to see Jett occupying the seat next to mine.

I stopped in mid-step for a second before regaining the ability to move my legs and slowly walking over to my seat.

As I dropped my books on my desk and slid into the chair, Jett’s head turned to look at me for a second. I saw in his eyes a flash of recognition and he sent me a small smile.

“Hey.” Jett said, obviously not that nervous talking to me.

I sent my eyes downwards towards the desk for a second before looking at him through my eyelashes and sending him a small smile.

“Hey.” I replied.

“It’s Sophie right, from the coffee shop?” he asked.

I nodded shyly. “Yup, that’s me… the girl who had to unfortunately work the New Year’s Eve shift.” I replied, babbling because of my nerves.

Jett chuckled quietly. “Well, I remember that, I was just making sure it was you. There are a bunch of girls at this school that I don’t know and to tell you the truth, with all the makeup, they all look the same to me… like little Barbie clowns.” he said, making me laughing quietly.

“Wait,” I replied, halting my laugh for a second, “does that mean you think of me as a little Barbie clown?” I asked, quoting his words.

His face when I asked that made me think that he thought I was serious but he obviously already had an answer to counter my question because he shook his head. “Nope, you’re the cute girl that works at the coffee shop that happens to be really nice because she doesn’t care that she is currently talking to the school’s supposed ‘bad boy loner’.”

I was shocked at his reply for two reasons;