3- Hard Times

After being at the Leaky Cauldron for over a week, Skyler finally receives her letter to Hogwarts. Well, finally, let's say they are a kind of early this year. Must have something to do with the escaped Sirius Black, Skyler thinks. His pictures are everywhere and he looks scary, but tricky as well. Skyler decides not to bother it and leaves it alone. "Nat! Clint! We can get my school supplies." Skyler exclaims, when she runs off the stairs. "Skyler?" A familiar, kind voice asks. Skyler looks at the owner. "Harry!" She flies around his neck. "It's so good to see you! Gosh, you've grown this summer." Harry Potter grins. "Can say the same to you. Looks like you've gone through some kind of transformation." It's true, though, it really looks like she'd gone through some kind of transformation. Skyler has long, ash blond hair again, her submerge blue eyes still big and dreamy, her skin looks soft and plain, and she's looking like a fifteen-year-old. She's a born beauty. Not that it surprised her, she's a demigod. "Thanks." Skyler answers her friend. "Do you still need to get your books? You can go with me, Nat and Clint if you like?" Harry shakes his head politely. "No, I've agreed to go with Ron and Hermione, but thanks. Who are Nat and Clint anyway?" Skyler points her head to the bar. Natasha is talking with the bartender and Clint drinks his fifth Butterbeer of this morning. "Aren't that Muggles?" Harry asks astonished. "Indeed they are, but they helped me over this summer and are kind of my adoptive parents, considering that my family is trapped on Asgard." Harry's eyes grow big of surprise. "Whoa, what? Thor and Loki are trapped on Asgard? So that's why you were... depressed last year." Harry states. Skyler bites her lip. "Thor is trapped there. Loki isn't." She simply answers. "Then why aren't you with him?" Harry asks carefully, not wanting to hurt her. "He's dead, Harry." 

After the meeting with Harry, Skyler gets her schoolbooks, and races to her room. She unpacks her schoolbooks and starts reading them. Defence Against the Dark Arts is the first victim, and surprisingly interesting. It takes three hours for Skyler to read it. Potions isn't interesting, so she doesn't spends any time on it. She'll have a good grade anyway. She's just reading her History of Magic book, when another voice calls her name. "Hey, Sky." Cedric Diggory, the one and only, says. Skyler sighs silently, knowing what's coming next. "Hey, Ced." Cedric sits down on the seat next to her and sighs as well. "We're not going to make it to Hogwarts as a couple, do we?" Skyler asks with a little, encouraging smile. "How do you...-" "I've learned to read peoples minds over this summer, besides, your last letters were very platonic and full of mistakes in grammar." She tells him, the little smile, never leaving her face. "You're a smart girl, Sky. I truly don't want to hurt you." Again, she smiles. "You don't. Let's say this is what they call: a mutual break-up." "Indeed it is." Cedric tells her. "But," Skyler adds, making Cedric tense, "I'll always be your friend, Cedric, whenever you need me, just ask." This causes Cedric to laugh in relief. "Hey, Skyler, who's this?" Natasha asks, when she sees Skyler laughing and talking with the handsome young man. "Natasha, this is Cedric. Cedric, this is Natasha." They shake hands and memories come up to Natasha. "So, you're her boyfriend, eh? Hurt her and I kill you painfully." She adds with a grin. Cedric cringes, and Skyler giggles. "Nat, we just broke up. Easy, no harm done."  Natasha shrugs a little, before walking off. Skyler looks at Cedric. "Okay, all I want to know is: who's the lucky girl?" Cedric blushes. "Cho Chang. Fourth year Ravenclaw." Skyler smiles. "Well, go get your princess, Cedric. You deserve to be happy." 

___________

Thanks for reading -xxx