Choosing not to forget.

Two months had passed since Mahiru became a subclass.No one saw or heard from him,which was probably a good thing for now.Of course those who didn't know what happened had gotten worried.When the teen didn't answer any of his uncle's phone calls,and never returned any messages either, Tohru Shirota got worried.Ryusei and Koyuki also were worried when Mahiru vanished.Soon an investigation happened,but no one could find him or answer what happened to Mahiru.The only ones outside of Tsubaki's little circle who knew what really happened were the other servamp's and their eves.

Despite deciding Mahiru was the enemy and a monster he would kill if necessary,he also refused to forget about his eve.Mahiru looked at the servamp as a friend,and not a monster.He was kind compassionate,and the only one who was able to make Sleepy Ash think that maybe he really wasn't a monster after all.But now he was gone.It probably would have been best to forget about Mahiru.The more he remembers the more pain he'd feel.But he chose not to forget.He wanted to remember his eve.He wanted to remember Mahiru's smile.He wanted to remember the good times,even the bad ones.

Perhaps as a way to not ever forget him,Sleepy Ash still kept the bell Mahiru had given him around his neck.The servamp of sloth hoped to never cross Mahiru's path now.But he also secretly wished to see him one last time.Not to fight him,just a form of goodbye.He missed Mahiru,he even missed the name he had given him.

Lilly and Misono refused to forget him as well.Both missed him,and wished there was another way.They wanted him back somehow,even if he was a vampire.Tetsu tried his best to keep optimistic,but was still upset.Hugh though he himself wasn't that close to Mahiru felt sorry over the loss,and worried about how Sleepy Ash was taking it.Even Lawless didn't like seeing his brother like this.Mikuni and JeJe...well they were too busy with their own stuff.

It was in the morning and Sleepy Ash got up to eat.As he did,he looked at the bell around his neck.He held it gently in his hand staring at it. "I wish I could talk to the old Mahiru again.If only just one more time." He mumbled softly as he left the room and went to the dining area.