Chapter-24

Adi,

I woke up with a heavy head, it felt as if it was being hammered with million hammers going at one single time. Did I actually drink so much ? But I drove on m own , then how come I don't remember a thing about last night. I only could recall having a heated conversation with mom. I tried pressurizing my brain trying to recall the events of past night, I had a tiff with mom and then she offered me water to calm me down. Water? Could she drug me ? Yes, she can. She can do all, but the question is why?

''Adi, how do you feel now?'' Anjali walked in with a cup of coffee. She touched my forehead, you seem fine now.

''Hod did I get here and when did you guys reach here?''

''We got a call from your dad, he said you need us and we came.'' her answer took me to the other dead end. Should I call dad? yes, he might have some answers.

''I would suggest you leave for London ASAP'' Dad's words confirmed my doubts. Something happened when I wasn't in my senses

''Dad, what's wrong''

''Look son, your mother has completely lost the power of rational thinking. All which prevails his her hunger for power. Leave before this madness engulfs you too.''

''Dad, please stop beating around the bush.'' I was now restless. There was silence the other side. Then I heard him take a deep breath, ''Just promise you will handle everything with a cool head.'' I gave my assurance and dad briefed me about the happenings. From curious my mind went into a shock and then it was filled with rage. How could she do that? And above that she messaged those to Raksha, that's so inhuman. I don't know what she would be thinking about me, I manhandled her claiming to be mad about her and now she gets my pictures with a woman all over me , and on her birthday. If mom thinks she can bend Ranvijay through Raksha , then she making the worst mistake of her life. He is an angel till one is good but a devil once irked

May be I should go back, that would be best for all. My mind again went to Raksha, I can't imagine the pain she must have incurred looking at those pictures, that too on the most important day of her life. The day she should be pampered, loved and celebrated but it started for her on a painful note. I am sorry Raksha, I never wanted you hurt. Irritated , I punched the table hard. Its time I confront my mother.

The drive till the main Palace was the worst one, I was rash on road and broke many signals. But today, I don't care a heck. She loves her reputation ,power and I am hell bent on crushing it to dust. Let her know that her son broke almost all the rules. I know this hardly makes a difference and she would be able to cover it in a flip of her finger, yet I wanted to hurt her. This time, she has crossed all her limits.

''You drugged me, your own son. Have you no shame'' My voice echoed the majestic room. She kept filing her nails and replied without giving me a glance, ''Stop over reacting, your virtue is still safe. Its me who clicked the pictures. Look at the bigger picture, if you get to marry Raksha on my terms, Rathores will always be indebted''

''Are you drunk mother, Your terms? You just dug yours and my grave. '' Raking my hand through my hair I challenged her, ''I give you 24 hrs, bring Ranvijay on his knees. If you can, I will go by your plan and if you can't , just stay away from my life here on.'' Strangely she agreed. Dad kept requesting me to leave, but I had 24hrs challenge. I made the arrangements for my friends to leave as I didn't wanted them to be the part of the drama. Dad advised me to rethink, I wish I would have listen to him and left.

I heard nothing from my mother for 2 days. I tried hunting down that stupid Rajshri, but she seemed to have vanished in this air. When all looked calm, I decided to leave for London. I was all set to leave for Delhi when a call from my mother changed the scenario, ''You can't leave, if you go he will ruin all of us''