Chapter sixty two

Before you read, the ppl literally badgering me in my dms like "it's vanessa/you It has to end with vanessa" stop. Like seriously, its my book so stop trying to tell me what to do. In the comments its fine because it's your opinions and i love reading them but in my dms? C'mon now.

I leaned over the counter as I let the warm smell of the coffee ease my headache. This exact reason reminded me of why I didn't drink heavily. Hangovers. I hated them with a passion.

It didn't help that I had Dana's words on my mind all morning. I didn't know how the fuck to feel. She was...falling for me? My idiot self didn't take into thought that one of us could catch feelings. I hated not being able to control situations and how they played out. Her feelings were hers and there was nothing I could do about that. Well..I could pretend I didn't remember but the mere thought of that ate me alive.

Fuck, why couldn't everything just be simple.

"You're up early." I glanced over my shoulder as Dana walked in with her hair thrown up in a messy bun and her workout attire. "How's your head?" She questioned while grabbing a water from the fridge.

"It's there." I said as I took a sip of the got beverage. "I'm gonna split and head to the studio." I took the almost empty cup to the sink and drained its contents before washing it out.

"Oh, you're not hungry? I can make breakfast." I shook my head as I grabbed my keys.

"I don't really have an appetite. Thanks though." I gave her a small smile before walking towards the door. I didn't want to give her a goodbye kiss or whatever, that would only make her feelings grow right? And I wasn't even entirely sure on how I felt about everything.

I knew she was a great person and even more great in bed. But I wasn't sure if I was ready for someone new. Someone like my sister's ex. Sex is one thing but full on dating her? That would make every family party an awkward mess.

So I drove to the studio and met up with my buddy Roy to knock out a couple songs on the ep.

"Yoo long time no see." He gave me a bro hug before fixing his weird ass glasses. Roy was this twenty year old filled with joy and positivity. He also dressed like an eighties kid which just gave him this vibrant feel. "What song are we doing today?"

I scrolled through the notes on my phone before settling on the one I felt the most right now.

"How about I Dont Know ? I finished writing that early this morning." He nodded and motioned me to get in the booth.

This song was called I don't know and though I started writing it about Vanessa, it slowly transitioned to Dana for some reason. It was nothing like the songs I wrote while in Envy. This one was more truthful, more raw. Hopefully the media didn't ask me who it was about because well..

"Whenever you're ready." He said into the mic. 

I pulled the headphones over my ears and gave him a thumbs up before letting everything I felt out.

After I did the entire song about three times, we were adding in my ad libs and even Roy offered to add some luckily.

I grabbed my phone from my pocket as it rang. "I'll be right back." I excused myself from Roy as I went outside to pick up Scooters call. "Yes man?"

"Hey Y/nn...I need you to meet me at the office asap." I furrowed my eyebrows at his serious and slightly nervous tone.

"Sure no prob. Is something wrong?" I asked.