Forty Two

An hour later, the eight teens met up at the entrance of Auradon Prep, all dressed in their Isle getups.

"Is everyone ready?" Mal asked the group.

"Of course, we can do this." Maddie said confidently.

"I guess." Jay shrugged.

"You guys have all done this before." Ceci pointed out, shaking a bit and looking totally out of comfort with her Isle-appropriate clothes.

"You'll be fine, Ceci." Mal smiled slightly.

"It's not that bad." Maddie shrugged.

"Cecilia, nothing will happen." Grey said seriously. "I am not letting anything happen. And I promise you, we will get Rae back."

"Of course we will. We're all going to do this together." Mal said.

"Are we taking a car?" Jay asked.

"Well it's what we did last time." Maddie said.

"And it's our only way through the magic barrier." Evie added.

"What are we doing with him?" Carlos pointed at the Stabbington brother they had dragged to the garage.

"Uhmmmmm..." Mal turned to Grey.

"We could hide him in the trunk?" Jay suggested.

"He won't fit." Ben said.

"Then what do you suggest we do, your highness?" Maddie bowed mockingly.

"Tie him up and leave him here?" suggested Carlos.

"And if someone finds him?" Mal raised an eyebrow.

"Then they can decide what the hell to do with him."

"Fine. You go ahead and do that."

"Look can we just go already?" Maddie groaned. "It's boring just standing here."

"No time to waste. Let's go." Grey said. "Who's driving?" Mal, Carlos, Evie and even Maddie pointed at Jay.

"Oh come on." He complained.

"You did drive last time." Maddie shrugged.

"I thought at least you'd be on my side." he grumbled.

"Jay, just drive. We don't have time to argue over it." Mal rolled her eyes. "Grey go shotgun. We're not letting Maddie take it."

"I wasn't going to!" Maddie protested.

"Sure." Jay nodded. "I believe you."

"Yeah, I don't want to die." Grey said, getting into the car.

"Oi I wasn't gonna do anything!" Maddie huffed.

"Maddie, even I don't believe that." Evie said as the VKs, Ceci and Ben got in the car.

"What would I have done?" Maddie asked in protest as she got in the car.

"Probably killed us all." Carlos commented.

"How would I even manage to do that?"

"Can we get going?" Grey groaned.

"Fine fine I'll shut up." Maddie sighed, crossing her arms and slouching in her seat. Jay soon started the car and drove off. They were in silence for a while until Jay broke it, glancing at Grey every few seconds.

"She's going to be okay, we're gonna save her." he said reassuringly.

"How do you know? Knowing Maleficent, she could be..." he broke off

"She won't be. She will be okay." Jay said.

"Jay! The barrier!" Mal cried.

"Oh shit." he cursed, quickly pressing the button to open the magic barrier.

"See I'm not the one who distracted him. Told you they had a bromance." Maddie scoffed.

"Sorry I'm just worried about Rae being dead." Grey scoffed.

"Can we not?! Please. Maddie just shut up." Jay sighed.

"Alright sorry." Maddie said sarcastically. "You just side with him and disregard me."

"I'm not going to get into this now. Not when a life is at risk." Jay sighed again.

"Maddie, jealousy doesn't look good on you." Carlos teased.

"Fuck off puppy boy." Maddie snapped.

"Maddie, calm down." Ben said.

"Oh I'm fine. Perfectly calm." Maddie said, once again with sarcasm, her arms still crossed.